Annunciation Monastery, Bismarck, ND is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Finance Director. The Finance Director is primarily responsible for overseeing financial management, accounting and reporting, audit, finance and budgeting, investments, IT, human resources, tax, risk management, and legal functions. The Director will also offer leadership in developing structures for strategic planning.
Candidates will support the mission and ministries of Annunciation Monastery.
Major Position Responsibilities and Regular Activities:
· Oversees the receipt and disbursement of monies
· Prepares financial reports
· Engages audit firm and prepares for annual audit
· Provides oversight of investments
· Provides oversight of physical and personal assets
· Administers all legal and government reporting
· Administers the human resource program
Forecasting and Long-Range Planning for Monastery and Ministry Needs
· Participates in and implements long range strategic planning to provide for the financial stability of the Monastic Community
· Supervises annual budget preparations
· Prepares reports used in long-range planning
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
· 5+ years experience in accounting, human resources, and business management
· Experience in the nonprofit environment
Annunciation Monastery is a community of Catholic Sisters who live the Benedictine life of prayer, community, hospitality, and service. The Sisters are the founders and sponsors of CHI St. Alexius Health – Bismarck and Garrison and the University of Mary. They minister in their sponsored institutions, local schools and parishes, and at Ministry on the Margins.
Candidates should submit their letter of application and resume to: Sr. Nicole Kunze, Prioress; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Why Work Here?
Faith-filled work environment