This service will provide surgical care per schedule in all areas of the hospital and will include, but not be limited to, Emergency Room admissions, surgery and consults, surgical care, and consultation on surgical patients. The employee will also need to participate in programs and initiatives that improve the overall service provided by the Hospitalist Program. The employee may participate in the organization?s Wound Care Clinic. Additionally, the employee may also perform outpatient and/or same day admit pre-operative surgical consultations on patients scheduled for surgery at AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides unassigned ED consultative services and performs surgery on these patients, as required. Responds to the Emergency Department for patient evaluation in a timely manner facilitating timely movement of patients from the ED with a goal of 30 minutes from the time of notification to the time of writing admission orders.
- Provides surgical consultative services to staff physicians, medical and surgical, on inpatients to include H&Ps, surgical evaluations and post-op care.
- Provides inpatient and outpatient care to all surgical hospitalist patients. Provides surgical care that is of high quality as judged by medical peers. Performs post-operative post-discharge care on their patients per usual standards of care.
- Generates on-time starts, length of stays, and hospital charges that are, on average, or below that of non-hospitalist surgical peers.
- Facilitates communication and interactions between the patients, families, peers, ancillary staff and consultations. Provides clinical information pertaining to patient condition to third party resource management. Assures patients and families are kept informed of clinical management care plan and clinical outcomes on a daily basis.
- Produces reliable, accurate, and complete billing records that allow the Anne Arundel Medical Center to correctly bill third party payers and other consumers of healthcare at the hospital.
- Performs procedures to include (but not limited to) central line insertions, chest tube insertions, and cut downs that may be requested by the ordering physician.
- Participates as required in at least one Wound Care Clinic session (4 hrs.) each week. Performs in-house wound care consultations.
- Provides surgical first assistant duties for surgical subspecialties that are prioritized with requirements to cover the Emergency Department.
- Expand the scope of general surgical services at Anne Arundel Medical Center. Seeking and receiving training to expand surgical scope of practice as needed to better meet the needs of patients at AAMC (i.e. anti-obesity surgery, advanced laparoscopic training, etc.).
- The employee must also fulfill the requirements for medical staff membership at Anne Arundel Medical Center. The employee will demonstrate the full spectrum of general surgery skills to include laparoscopic procedures.
- The employee will be licensed to practice medicine in the State of Maryland and Board Certification/ Board Eligible in General Surgery preferred.