HIV Peer Support Specialist MUST BE HIV POSITIVE
- $15 to $18 Hourly
Aniz Inc. provides community-based services to people infected with HIV/AIDS or at high risk of infection. Services are provided on an outpatient basis and include HIV/AIDS, STI, Hepatitis C and pregnancy prevention programs to increase community knowledge regarding these issues and reduce the likelihood of people engaging in risky behaviors. The agency offers individual and group counseling sessions for those with histories of mental illness and/or substance abuse that are at high risk for HIV or HIV+. In addition, we also offer weekly peer-led support to persons living with HIV/AIDS in order to share commonalities of living with this disease and increase self-efficacy to improve their quality of life living with HIV/AIDS. Want to learn more about how you can become an integral part of the Aniz family? Read below!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Prevention, this individual is responsible for providing testing, counseling, and referral/linkage services both in-house and at off-site venues where testing is conducted. PrEP navigator and Outreach Specialist is responsible for conducting prevention counseling, testing, and post-test counseling for HIV and other STI’s as defined by agency goals. The ideal candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks
- *Position Responsibilities
- Work with Prevention staff and others to identify potential PrEP clients and those in need of PrEP navigation services.
- Provide support to HIV-negative individuals who are interested in starting PrEP and those already utilizing PrEP care.
- Complete screenings to identify readiness for PrEP and other barriers to care. Work with the client to identify position solutions.
- Assess benefits and insurance, and if needed, provide assistance to access payor programs.
- Provide PrEP disease prevention and PrEP adherence education and counseling.
- Effectively collaborate with all individuals involved in PrEP care and program delivery for the purposes of supporting high-quality PrEP programming.
- Make referrals for external services needed to support PrEP care and follow up to ensure service delivery.
- Provide ongoing follow-up to ensure PrEP adherence.
- In some cases, in consultation with the PrEP coordinator, provide transportation to and from PrEP appointments.
- Maintain appropriate patient files and timely documentation of services utilizing electronic prevention or medical software.
- Serve as a fully functioning member of the Prevention team, able to participate in daily activities and functions to maintain overall Aniz’s operations.
- Provide outreach to relevant communities with a focus on the men who have sex with men of color community.
- Establish working relationships with appropriate community resources in the area, including those providing mental health and social services to the target population.
- Any and all other duties assigned by your supervisor(s).
Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Education or a related social services field. Experienced with event planning. Certification in the Fundamentals of HIV Prevention/Counseling and/or HIV Testing and Counseling. Work experience in social services or HIV prevention, testing, and counseling.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
Aniz IncAtlanta, GA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.