Case Manager - 2 Term Position
Animikii Ozoson Child and Family Services Inc. Winnipeg, MB
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CASE MANAGER – 2 Term Position with the potential to become permanent.
(Competition # 2021 – 19)
Nature of the position
Reporting to the unit supervisor, and providing services under the CFS Act, the incumbent will be responsible to manage a caseload of families in need of supervision, protection services, and support services to maintain children at home and a caseload of children who are permanent wards of the agency in care, who are in the process of being reunited with their natural or extended family.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Identifies and investigates complaints of neglect or abuse where children are at risk and in need of protection.
- Provides case management and case planning to help families maintain children in their own homes, thereby diverting these children from entering agency alternate care:.
- Provides child placement services for children in need of alternate care and maintains culturally appropriate and community connections for each child:.
- Provides family reunification services to help children in care safely return to their natural or extended family, thereby exiting agency alternate care.
- Works collaboratively with other team members, community services and other CFS agencies to build a network of Indigenous family support services.
- Completes all file recording, record keeping, and other required administrative duties.
- Maintains First Nations or Indigenous community connections for each CIC.
- Works collaboratively with Ontario First Nations CFS agencies: to repatriate permanent wards whenever possible and appropriate and to develop extended family and community supports for permanent wards exiting care or being transferred to the Ontario agency:
- Must have BSW or MSW with a minimum of a year direct experience in a mandated child and family agency. Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Manitoba College of Social workers.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, Indigenous approaches in working with families and children.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates who meet the qualifications.
- CFSIS/IM experience is a definite asset:
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, data base systems, email and use of the Internet.
- A valid Manitoba Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle are required, as the position requires travel within the city and to Ontario First Nations.
All Hiring is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Reference Check, Prior Contact and Child Abuse Registry Check.
We thank all who apply, however, only those that in the manner requested and selected for an interview will be contacted. Only applicants that submit a resume, including the job posting number and the cover letter will be considered.
Job posting will be open until the position is filled.
Animikii Ozoson Child and Family Services Inc.Why Work Here?
If you’re an individual who thrives in a challenging and fast-paced environment and thrilled in taking a great opportunity, join our team!
Child Welfare Indigenous Agency
3-313 Pacific Avenue WinnipegWinnipeg, MB
HealthcareView all jobs at Animikii Ozoson Child and Family Services Inc.