Supervisory Emergency Management Specialist (Branch Chief)
- $132,368 Yearly
The position is located in the Emergency Management Branch (EMB), Emergency Management, Safety, and Security Division (EMSSD) and is responsible for coordinating emergency preparedness and response activities in support of all Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) programs.Qualifications: Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirement of 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled.
FOR THE GS-14 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-13 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Develops and implements Agency-wide emergency management strategy, including a training program for emergency responders.
- Uses plain language to articulate complex concepts in both oral and written communication to effectively prepare and present solutions to executive-level leadership.
- Manages the Agency's emergency operations center, including the technology and assets belonging to the operations center.
- Manages a team of subject matter experts that coordinate and collaborate across multiple programs or divisions with a focus on the customer.
- Understands and applies National Incident Management System and Incident Command System principles and practices.
Animal and Plant Health Inspection ServiceLoudoun County, VA
GovernmentView All Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Jobs
Get fresh Supervisory Emergency Management Specialist (Branch Chief) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.