Licensed Veterinary Technician - Emergency Triage and In-Patient Care
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Animal Specialty Center is seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join our collaborative, positive, and forward-thinking team. It is our mission to offer exceptional care to keep owners and their pets together as long as possible.
What to expect:
- Collaboration. We pride ourselves on an open, safe, and diverse environment where our teammates can learn from each other. Our Education Department offers the mentorship and guidance our newer teammates will need to help build their skills and career.
- Autonomy. We encourage our LVTs to have direct case oversight and management alongside our Emergency Veterinarians. Our Emergency and In-Patient Technicians handle the care and treatments of patients from all of the specialty services and are an integral part of our hospital.
- Compensation. Offers are created during the onsite hospital visit and interview process. We take into consideration the skill set, years of experience, and recommendations of each applicant.
What we provide:
- Healthcare Benefits at 60 days of employment (health, vision, dental, talkspace, short term/long term disability options)
- Retirement Plan (with company match)
- Yearly uniform allowance
- 120 hours paid vacation yearly
- Paid sick leave in compliance with New York State
- Generous shift differentials
- 75% discount for pet care
- RACE approved CE offered monthly onsite and virtually
- Access to Online Learning Platforms
Skills that will be utilized are as follows (but not limited to):
- IV catheter placement
- Assess patients/obtain vitals
- Critical thinking
- Providing nursing care/monitoring to hospitalized patients
- Surgery prep
- Patient recovery
- Running in-house lab testing
- Use of Cubex
- Filling prescriptions
- Dispensing oral and iv medications
- Drug administration
- Provide client education
- ECG monitoring
- Advanced CPR
- RECOVER certification provided for all employees
- Advanced skills such as:
- Central lines
- Placing urinary catheters
- Placing nasogastric tubes
- Placing nasal cannulas
- Maintaining indwelling tubes (chest tube, feeding tube)
- Blood transfusions
Our Emergency and In-Patient Department provides care 24/7/365, therefore flexibility in scheduling is preferred. Available shifts include: daytime, weekends (shift differential), overnights (shift differential), and holidays (holiday pay).
Animal Specialty CenterYonkers, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.