Animal Medical Center Hattiesburg, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
"At the Animal Medical Center, we strive for excellence in pet healthcare,
while exceeding our client's expectations, in a Christ-centered environment"
Fast-paced, state-of-the-art, 24-7 veterinary hospital in Hattiesburg, MS, is seeking an outgoing, highly motivated kennel technician with exceptional people skills to join our veterinary team. As the oldest veterinary practice in Hattiesburg, you will be representing a well-established veterinary practice committed to excellence.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF A KENNEL TECHNICIAN?
As a kennel technician you will continue to establish excellence in pet healthcare by:
- Answering multiple telephone lines with proper Animal Medical Center greeting, in a cheerful tone
- Directing phone calls to proper team members and ensuring messages taken are followed through
- Feeding, walking, and disinfection of kennels of boarding pets
- Basic bathing/grooming
- Learn and utilize Cornerstone veterinary software for invoicing and patient records
- Work closely and respectfully with other team members in the veterinary practice to ensure a positive client experience
- Restraining and handling of dogs and cats of all sizes and temperament
- Educate pet owners about Animal Medical Center services and products according to the standards of Animal Medical Center
- Organize and be able to accurately record treatment and patient records
- Basic cleaning upkeep such as laundry, sweeping, mopping, and taking trash out
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
At Animal Medical Center, we strive to exceed our client's expectations by providing excellent service. Skills you would need for this position are:
- Excellent customer service skills both written and verbal
- Love people as much as you love pets
- Available to work on weekends, holidays, and closing shifts (till 8:00 p.m.)
- Able to recognize potential signs of illness of pets
- Access to internet to receive schedule and communication emails from Animal Medical Center
- Able to stand for long periods of time, be able to lift up to 50 pounds and more assisted
- Be a career minded individual looking for a profession in veterinary field
Preferred skill is previous veterinary experience, however, it is not required
WHAT OTHER THINGS DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future
- Hourly pay is commensurate with experience
- The work schedule can be demanding: opening shifts, closing shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Dependability and being flexible is essential
- Benefits such as medical insurance, vacation, and retirement is available for full time team members
- Upon conditional offer of employment, you successfully complete a drug screen and background check
- Due to the number of telephone calls inquiring on application status, we are not able to return every phone call. Be assured that we review every application received. You will either receive a telephone call for a phone interview, an email inviting you to take an assessment for questions related to the position, or email referring to why your application has not gone further in the application process. If you do call about your application status, a message will be taken and forwarded to the proper personnel, however, a follow up phone call cannot be guaranteed.