Registered Veterinary Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Would you like to apply your skills as an RVT in a not-for-profit environment that supports animal welfare? As part of the Humane Society of Missouri, the Animal Medical Center of Mid-America is looking to hire a Registered Vet Technician to work in our AAHA-accredited veterinary clinic and surgery center. Experience is preferred but not required.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that possesses knowledge of animal health care, animal restraint techniques, and surgery preparation in addition to being detail-oriented and having excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. A commitment to client education and communication is required for this position. The Registered Veterinary Technician will:
- Assist veterinarians in animal restraint and use of surgical equipment
- Provide nursing care to patients
- Prepare pets for surgery and assist doctors during surgery
- Maintain medical records, including logging-controlled drugs
- Anesthetic inductions and patient monitoring during anesthetic procedures
- Administer and dispense medications
- Apply splints/bandages, and perform laboratory diagnostic testing
- Clean/disinfect medical and surgical equipment
The ideal candidate will be excellent at maintaining strong work relationships with coworkers and customers and maintaining a positive, professional public image. This individual should have animal handling/restraining experience, be able to lift animals, and have experience in a veterinary hospital setting. Full-time employees work four 10-hours shifts, Monday through Saturday. (Saturday shifts are 8 hours.) Minimum starting pay is $17.50/hour.
What sets our hospital apart?
- AMCMA is part of the Humane Society of Missouri.
- We've operated a public veterinary clinic since 1923.
- There are only 16 AAHA accredited non-profit veterinary hospitals in the country, we operate 2 of them.
- Fear Free Practice level Certification
- Proceeds from AMCMA support rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of HSMO animals.
The Humane Society of Missouri offers competitive wages and excellent benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (100% employer paid)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Paid Missouri State Licensure
- Annual CE allowance
- Individual Fear Free Certification
- Free uniforms and attendance incentives
Employees are eligible for the following discounts after 90 days of employment:
- 40% off veterinary services
- 15% off prescription diets
- $50 off adoptions at HSMO
- 10% off gift shop
- Purina for Professionals discount
Animal Medical Center of Mid-America
AddressSaint Louis, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?