Registered Vet Tech or Veterinary Assistant, Pain Management Center
- Expired: January 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
As part of the Humane Society of Missouri, the Animal Medical Center of Mid-America is looking to hire a Registered Vet Technician with veterinary hospital experience to work in the Pain Management Center of our AAHA-accredited veterinary clinic and surgery center. Our Pain Management Center is a state of the art facility that helps animals experience a reduction of pain through various modalities and services.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that possesses knowledge of animal health care, animal restraint techniques, application of laser therapy, underwater treadmill therapy, and other complementary modalities, in addition to being detail-oriented and having excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. A commitment to client education and communication is required for this position. The Registered Veterinary Technician will:
- Assist veterinarians and chiropractor in animal restraint
- Prepare animals for treatment and/or surgery
- Maintain medical records
- Maintain underwater therapy equipment
- Administer and dispense medications
- Apply laser/therapeutic ultrasound technologies
- Apply splints/bandages
- Clean/disinfect medical and surgical equipment
The ideal candidate will be excellent at maintaining strong work relationships with coworkers and customers and maintaining a positive, professional public image. This individual should have animal handling/restraining experience, be able to lift animals, and have experience in a veterinary hospital setting. Must be available for shifts Monday through Saturday. Minimum starting pay is $16/hour. CCRP certification or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
What sets our hospital apart?
-AMCMA is part of the Humane Society of Missouri.
-We've operated a public veterinary clinic since 1923.
-There are only 16 AAHA accredited non-profit veterinary hospitals in the country, we operate 2 of them.
-We are working toward practice-level Fear Free Certification.
-Proceeds from AMCMA support rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of HSMO animals.
The Humane Society of Missouri offers competitive wages and excellent benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (100% employer paid)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Deductible Reimbursement Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday pay
Employees are eligible for the following discounts after 90 days of employment:
- 40% off veterinary services
- 15% off prescription diets
- $50 off adoptions at HSMO
- 10% off gift shop
- Purina for Professionals discount
Animal Medical Center of Mid-America
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Get fresh VET Tech jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.