Registered Vet Tech/Client Resolution Specialist
- $18 Hourly
Are you a Registered Veterinary Technician but are no longer interested in the physical aspects of the veterinary field? Would you like to apply your skills as an RVT in a not-for-profit environment that supports animal welfare? As part of the Humane Society of Missouri, the Animal Medical Center of Mid-America is looking to hire an experienced Registered Vet Technician that will specialize in customer service through phone calls or chat. This position does not restrain animals or have other physical duties normally associated with being an RVT. Minimum starting pay is $18.50/hour.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual that prides themself on their client handling skills. The Client Resolution Registered Veterinary Technician will:
- Take customer calls that are medically related; will decide if veterinarian needs to be contacted and will ensure the customer is responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- May take other contact center calls as needed.
- Monitors callbacks and communication on our task board.
- Accurately keep records of customer visits, interactions and transactions, recording all pertinent details in the Happitu software system and medical records.
- Manage finances by correctly quoting or charging for services requested, collect deposits or payments, balancing a cash drawer or arrange for billing according to AMCMA protocols.
- May assist clients at discharge with all necessary instructions, information, invoices, medications (per the veterinarian's instructions), future appointments and personal belongings.
- May refill prescriptions.
- Educate customers on preventative care, retail products, pet health needs and hospital services. Assists the front desk team with paperwork as needed.
- May conduct training (does not include animal restraint) for veterinary assistants; may initiate follow up to ensure that employee is properly trained on certain procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a current Registered Veterinary Technician Missouri license and at least 5 years of experience as an RVT.
- Be empathetic, customer-oriented and actively look for ways to help pets and people.
- Be a great listener and communicator.
- Have excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Like to multi-task.
- Be comfortable with computer programs - we use eVet Practice, Happitu, RingCentral, Word and Outlook.
What sets our hospital apart?
- AMCMA is part of the Humane Society of Missouri.
- We've operated a public veterinary clinic since 1923.
- There are only 16 AAHA accredited non-profit veterinary hospitals in the country, we operate 2 of them.
- Fear Free Practice level Certification.
- Proceeds from AMCMA support rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of the Humane Society of Missouri's animals.
The Humane Society of Missouri offers competitive wages and excellent benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (100% employer paid)
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Paid Missouri State Licensure
- Annual CE allowance
- Individual Fear Free Certification
- Free uniforms and attendance incentives
Employees are eligible for the following discounts after 90 days of employment:
- 40% off veterinary services
- 15% off prescription diets
- $50 off adoptions at HSMO
- 10% off gift shop
- Purina for Professionals discount
Animal Medical Center of Mid-AmericaSaint Louis, MO
AnimalView All Animal Medical Center of Mid-America Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.