- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in veterinary medicine? Do you have a strong connection with animals and understand how pets add value to our human families? Are you a strong leader with management experience in the veterinary field? You may have just found the perfect job for you! We are looking for a Practice Manager to lead our team in a positive and exciting new direction.
Ashburn, Virginia is perfectly situated within a short distance of three exciting an unique cities: Washington DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis. Enjoy the serenity of the nearby mountains, or visit the attractions and nightlife of Washington D.C. If you are outdoorsy, we have kayaking, hiking, and camping. If you are into the city, we have the Smithsonian museums, shopping, fine dining, arts, theater, and nightclubs. Enjoy being on the water? The Delaware and Maryland beaches are just a few hours away and Chesapeake Bay is just a short drive.. Our town of Ashburn has it all!
Animal Medical Centers of Loudoun (AMC) stands out from other veterinary practices. We have a small, private practice feel with all of the employee perks and benefits of our partner corporation, VetEvolve. VetEvolve empowers high-performance teamwork throughout every level of the practice to achieve success while emphasizing positive company values and culture. We’re committed to enriching the lives of our veterinarians, managers, and support staff in and outside of work.
Employee benefits include a multitude of insurance plans (health, dental, vision, life, disability, indemnity, etc), 401-K retirement funds, tuition assistance, investment in team development, continuing education allowance, one-on-one support, and flexible scheduling. We are people focused and committed to coaching, growing, and developing our key staff. We are a team that values work-life balance and supports each other.
What do we expect our hospital to look like under our new Practice Manager's leadership?
- We have a team of doctors that don't hesitate to jump in and help the support staff without complaint
- We have a management team that values the thoughts and feelings of all support staff.
- We have an enthusiastic Medical Director and Practice Manager that work together to champion teamwork and superior patient care.
- We play team building games, support education, and fun is a daily occurrence.
- We value work-life balance and understand that our teammates have families, loved ones, and should make their own health a priority.
- Our company core values are to Serve, Evolve, Commit, Trust, Create, and Care, and we apply these daily in our interactions with veterinarians, students, practice owners, and staff.
The Practice Manager should be motivated, team-oriented, ambitious, and fun-loving individual who excels at managing personnel, client services and daily operations. They should enjoy challenges, love problem solving, and handle conflicts with calmness and ease. The Practice Manager plays a vital role in the hospital, managing day-to-day operations. This person handles all of the business and personnel management so that the medical team can devote their time to delivering the highest quality veterinary care. This position is a great opportunity for a current manager in any medical or related field to learn about veterinary medicine.
- Be a positive and upbeat role model
- Collaboration with the Medical Director
- Schedule and lead frequent staff meetings
- Delegate and follow through routine tasks
- Oversight of all hospital operations
- Recruitment, hiring, scheduling, and management of staff members
- Wage and salary assignments
- Employee on-boarding, training, review and development oversight
- Ensure excellent customer service, implement client loyalty/incentives
- Monitor client satisfaction, complaint resolution
- Promote inter-departmental collaboration.
- Monitor purchasing / inventory management.
- Marketing and business development to enhance patient care and client service
- Maintain hospital equipment, facility, and repair needs.
- Provide guidance to other managers and team leaders in the hospital
- Help establish and meet goals of the practice
Individuals interested in the position must be compassionate, possess strong leadership skills and have a strong work ethic. We are looking for just the right person who has leadership qualities and entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to lead a team. If this sounds like you, we look forward to speaking with you!
- Positive and enthusiastic personality
- Two or more years in a leadership role with proven management track record
- Proficient in MS Office and familiar with open source software and cloud drive (ie. Google Drive)
- Familiar with spreadsheets and data entry
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong references
Animal Medical Center - Brambleton
42385 Ryan Rd Ste 112Ashburn, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.