Emergency and Critical Care Veterinary Technicians or Assistants needed!!
Animal Internal Medicine and Specialty Services in San Francisco is hiring for both day and swing shifts.
- Are you looking for a place to learn new and advanced nursing skills? Been in specialty medicine for a couple years and want to learn more? Working at a general practice and ready to advance into emergency and critical care medicine?? We have a position for you.
Currently seeking technicians and assistants with solid basic skills, ready to learn
Experienced technicians (RVT preferred) able to step in to a high energy environment.
- Applicants for advanced roles should have a minimum of 4 years experience, RVT and/or previous specialty experience a plus
- Applicants for team roles such as inpatient care should have a minimum of 2 years experience and familiarity with veterinary terminology and common medications.
You absolutely must have:
•Proficiency in humane restraint
•Familiarity with basic veterinary pharmacology
•Baseline understanding of medical calculations
•Anesthesia monitoring skills (induction and intubation for RVTs)
•Client communication and education (excellent written and verbal skills)
•Nursing care and treatment skills
•Radiography techniques and safety
•Knowledge of basic medical terminology and the ability to decipher medical records
•Experience obtaining blood and urine samples
•Knowledge of appropriate sample handling, running tests in-house, and sending out labs
•IV catheter placement and maintenance
•Advanced technical skills a plus (placing sampling catheters, jugular catheters, experience in ICU monitoring and ventilator cases)
At AIMSS we take pride in practicing the most advanced veterinary medicine available outside a university setting, while providing exceptional client and patient care. The cases we see are rewarding, challenging and will utilize your nursing skills and technical abilities to their fullest potential.
• have the ability to work in a team
• have excellent communication skills
• are self-motivated
• are excited to learn
-you are the right person for us!
*Competitive pay rates
*Full medical with shared cost. Available Dental insurance.
*SF paid sick time (starts to accrue on day 1)
*401k with up to 3% matching after 1 year of employment
*Pet employee discounts (up to 60% for full-time employees)
*An alternative work schedule (4-10 hour shifts)
*Continuing education reimbursement after 1 year of employment
AIMSS / AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified candidates with arrest or conviction records will not be excluded from consideration for employment.