It’s really people that make Animal Humane an amazing shelter that saves and impacts thousands of lives each year. We hire people who are empathetically compassionate and share the common goal of improving the lives of New Mexico’s cats and dogs. We are presently seeking an Adoption Advisor to join our team.
- Counseling and educating potential adopters of shelter pets
- Accurately distribute information and answering questions regarding current Animal Humane events, programs and shelter pets
- Maintain a high level of professionalism when representing Animal Humane to the general public
- Process incoming animals being surrendered to Animal Humane. Accurately record all necessary information pertaining to the animal, including but not limited to: history of animal, data entry, photographing, writing profiles, accurate kennel card information
- Perform Meet Your Match assessments in a timely and accurate manner
- Counsel potential adopters and guide the selection of an animal based on the household members, other resident animals, level of activity, physical environment, and other consideration factors
- Educate the public and potential adopters about animal behavior and characteristics of which to be aware in dealing with shelter animals
- Utilize sound marketing and public relations skills in addressing the public and promoting programs and services offered by the facility
- Be responsible for accurate entry and operation of automated office equipment which includes but is not limited to: Multi-line phone system, computers, copier, credit card system, fax machine, postage machine and printers
- Humanely handle animals at all times
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for the animals and the public at all times
- Observe animals for health and behavioral conditions, and communicate findings to supervisor
- Identify animal breeds, ages and sexes
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and basic computer experience.
- One year experience working with the public and computers.
- Strong, demonstrated/proven sales and marketing skills. Competent skills in handling cats/dogs for intake or show to the general public.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus