The Development Office Manager is responsible for receiving, recording, and acknowledging donations in an efficient manner as well as assisting with all aspects of donor stewardship/solicitation. Supervises two Donor Relations Associates.
1. Receiving and categorizing donations, recording them into Animal Humane’s database (DonorPerfect) as well as generating and posting acknowledgment letters in a timely fashion. More specifically, this includes:
- Opening and sorting gifts arriving by mail Monday-Friday
- Depositing checks arriving at Animal Humane
- Retrieving, processing, and acknowledging online gifts
- Processing and acknowledging memorial/honorarium donations
- Processing and acknowledging Direct Mail gifts including downloading gifts from a secure FTP site, importing data into DonorPerfect and preparing acknowledgment letters
- Processing recurring gifts on a monthly basis
- Running credit card batches
- Retrieving, processing, and acknowledging employee giving (e.g., United Way) donations including downloading gifts from a secure site and generating thank you letters as needed
- Generating Annual Statements of Giving each January
2. Performing required database maintenance, such as merging duplicate records and correcting and/or updating contact information
3. Creating new individual and organizational constituent records in donor base as needed.
4. Overseeing Animal Humane’s Doghouse Donation Box Program including building new routes and/or expanding existing routes for volunteers, assuring donations boxes are counted by volunteers and properly recorded in a timely fashion, performing necessary upkeep of boxes, and stewarding volunteers and host businesses.
5. Preparing handwritten correspondence for donors and community partners as needed.
6. Compiling donor lists for Animal Humane mailings, i.e., special events, donor receptions, annual reports, etc.
7. All other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
8. Some evening and weekend hours required for Animal Humane donor-related functions.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (or a related field) or minimum of two years experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
Successful applicant must:
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exhibit outstanding organizational skills and professional behavior at all times
- Possess excellent grammar skills
- Have excellent telephone and face-to-face customer service skills
- Be comfortable with public speaking and outreach engagements
- Understanding of the nonprofit world strongly desired.
- Knowledge of database management, in particular DonorPerfect, strongly desired.