Registered Veterinary Technician
- $33 to $37 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Animal Hospital of Palo Alto is looking for a Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team!
About Our Hospital: Animal Hospital of Palo Alto (AHOPA) is a 2 doctor GP clinic located in beautiful Palo Alto, CA, an idyllic town in the heart of Silicon Valley. Beautiful tree lined streets and a pleasant walkable downtown make this area an amazing place to call home. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who wants to help build our practice!
Our Values and Mission: At Animal Hospital of Palo Alto (AHOPA), we are committed to educating our clients on how to keep pets healthy year round, with good nutrition and exercise. AHOPA stays on top of the latest advances in veterinary technology and above all, remembers that all animals and pets need to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery. We pride ourselves on having a very positive work environment that helps other team members thrive and learn. We are seeking a full-time Registered Veterinary Technician who shares our energy, drive, ambition, and who will meaningfully contribute to our growth and success.
Position Overview: As a Registered Veterinary Technician, you will play an important role in the day-to-day operations with AHOPA. The Registered Veterinary Technician assists the Veterinarians with patient care and treatment, monitor hospitalized pets, maintain inventory, prepare prescriptions, perform routine in-house lab work, educate clients regarding veterinary care and assist with procedures. We are looking for a friendly, team-oriented person, who can provide leadership and excellence in our hospital!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in determining animal requirements by helping conduct animal examinations, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples, and vaccines, and bandaging and wounds
- Prep and assist in diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures
- Fill prescriptions and administer PO, SQ, IM, IV medications, including proper documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs
- Operate and maintain hospital equipment, i.e., EKG, fluid pump, syringe pump, scales, and anesthetic monitors and machines
- Anesthetize animals and monitor anesthesia under the direction and supervision of the Veterinarian
- Display confidence and reassurance when dealing with pets experiencing severe stress, illness, and/or pain
- Ability to demonstrate and follow procedures in catheter placement and phlebotomy
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients’ conditions, reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by following documented standards and procedures in compliance with applicable legal regulations
- Proactive role in developing new skills and furthering knowledge base by attending CE
- Support the team in welcoming new employees and assist in the training process when needed
- Demonstrate flexibility to float to other departments in times of need
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 2 years of RVT experience
- RVT certification is required
- Confident with anesthesia monitoring and pre & post op care
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical drugs and calculations
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant motion
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic diseases, and unpleasant odors
Available Schedule: Full-time position, schedule will be Tuesday-Friday from 9am-6pm and Saturday from 8am-3pm
- We are open: M-F 8am-6pm
- Saturday from 8am-3pm
- Closed Sunday
Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience ($33.00 - $37.00 per hour)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k + company match
- Paid time off
- Continuing education opportunities
- Professional development support
- Mental health assistance
- Employee discounts on veterinary services
- Scrub allowance
- Positive and supportive work environment!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!
Animal Hospital of Palo Alto is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Reference ID: CPP-0000179
Animal Hospital of Palo AltoPalo Alto, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.