The Animal Hospital of Dauphin County (AHDC) has been providing for pets in the greater Harrisburg and Hershey area for over 50 years. We are currently seeking a full time Associate Veterinarian to add to our growing practice.
About the Hospital
AHDC is a progressive, full-spectrum small animal practice located near Harrisburg and Hershey, PA. We also see exotic pets on a limited basis based on veterinarian comfort/interest level. We are a team-motivated, client-centric practice with a strong focus on preventative medicine as well as a team approach to cases. Additionally, we are constantly growing our client base through flexibility and availability as well as a continually developing referral services program; which currently includes ultrasonography, cardiology, physical therapy, I-131, and advanced surgery. Our hospital offers both in-house and outside laboratory capabilities (Idexx), digital radiology, excellent surgical monitoring capabilities, and Cornerstone computer software used throughout the hospital. We also offer a competitive salary, benefits, and continuing education allowance.
· DVM or VMD degree from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
· New grads encouraged to apply, internship experience would be plus!
· Work with clients to deliver a consistent quality of medical care to our patients
· Communicate effectively with both clients and team members
· Present all treatment options and help clients make informed decisions
· Maintain complete and accurate medical records
· Supervise and work closely with the veterinary technicians to provide excellent patient care!