- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
Are you a rockstar technician? Do you like to utilize your knowledge and skills and leverage the veterinarian? We will empower you to do just that. Veterinary Technicians are advocates for their patients and work in conjunction with veterinarians to provide exceptional patient care and superior client service. Come thrive in an environment that encourages education and continued growth within the profession, with opportunities to be a mentor to newer team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
● Deliver exceptional, compassionate nursing care to patients utilizing a variety of technical skills, including diagnostic sample collection, catheter placement, venipuncture, radiography, dental radiology, and prophylactic cleanings
● Support veterinarians to ensure exceptional veterinary care during preventative, injury and illness visits
● Advocate for patients, and educate clients
● Assist with patient procedures and surgeries, including anesthetic induction and monitoring, pre and post operative patient care, surgical suite, instrument, and equipment care
● Obtain health history from clients and ensure documentation is accurate and complete within the electronic medical record
● Willingness to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members
● Constantly advance your knowledgebase and skill set
Skills and Qualifications:
● Minimum 1(one) year professional experience in small animal clinical setting as a technician/assistant required
● Superior technical knowledge and skills
● Proficient in medical math calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, conversions, etc.)
● Excellent communication skills with clients and team members
● Proficient time management, ability to problem solve, learn, and handle multiple tasks
● Enthusiastic team player with a patient, and positive professional attitude
● Must be able to lift and restrain pets of at least 40 pounds, and work on feet most of the day
● Must have the ability to adjust to changes in the environment and able to handle stress in a calm manner
● Must be a team player, have patience and maintain a positive attitude
● Must be detail oriented due to the high level of quality medicine
Benefits and Perks:
● Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options, all starting first of the month following date of hire
● 401K with company match
● Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options included
● Long Term Disability options
● Short Term Disability, paid for by employer
● Complimentary Life Insurance $15,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family
● Personal Pet Discounts
● PTO and Paid Holidays
● Company Sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Animal Hospital of Fairfield supports a trusting and compassionate relationship between pets and their owners by practicing a progressive approach towards medicine and offer the best treatment available. Together we work with our clients and focus on education to ensure that their four legged companion gets everything they need to live a long comfortable life.
If you are from the area you know that Fairfield is a hidden gem, for someone looking to relocate you would be impressed with the amazing things to do in town and how close you are to Sacramento, San Francisco and Napa. Come visit and check it out!
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Animal Hospital in FairfieldFairfield, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.