- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Help to develop and maintain a high quality; efficient and effective medical team, by fostering an environment of trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Work with DVMs to build an understanding and an appreciation of how behaviors impact revenue.
- Provide feedback to DVM’s on weekly/monthly production performance and coach for improvement.
- Ensure that DVM schedules reflect the needs of the Hospital and assist in other [company] Hospital DVM staffing as needed.
- Work with the [company] Support Center on DVM contract and compensation issues.
- Provide stability and leadership within the Hospital.
- Work with the Hospital Manager on weekly priorities and expectations.
- Participate in weekly operational conference calls.
- Work with the Hospital Manager on Medical Staff Scheduling.
- Utilize a one-on-one process for ongoing direct communication with DVM and Technician Staff.
- Resolve client issues where appropriate (when attending DVM or Hospital Manager have not been effective).
- Receive and evaluate new product info.
- Evaluate and monitor protocols for daily running/flow of hospital from intake to discharge.
- Monitor cases in hospital and attend daily rounds when possible, to be sure highest standards are being upheld.
- Recommend fees for new products and services.
- Meet regularly with the Hospital Manager to review controllable costs:
- DVM and Support Payroll
- Other Medical related etc.
- Participate in assistant/technician reviews.
- Maintain availability to answer questions with regards to all aspects of hospital
- Participate in practice management updates and training at all levels.
Essential DVM Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive patient work ups
- Obtain complete history in conjunction with technician
- Perform thorough physical exams including temp, pulse, respiration, body condition score for each patient
- Make notes on master health form with any problems and diagnosis
- Recommend all appropriate comprehensive diagnostic screening
- Correctly interpret diagnostic results
- Client communication and education
- Communicate medical findings, recommended diagnostics, prognosis, and recommended plan to pet owner. Makes notes in chart to record all such conversations.
- Note any recommendations declined by pet owner in medical record.
- Give status reports to client on hospitalized patient's condition in timely manner
- Perform timely discharge appointments, remembering to ask for any questions
- Respond to client phone calls in a timely manner
- Diagnostic procedures & surgery
- Performs appropriate pre-op exams & diagnostics
- Practices good surgical techniques
- Ability to use and delegate appropriate surgical prep techniques with technician
- Calls back clients with results of diagnostic tests and provide copy with interpretation for pet owner.
- Review discharge instructions with technician or owner
- Medical Record Responsibilities
- Record patient exams in medical records using SOAP format
- Follow AAHA guidelines for medical records
- Complete records by end of work day. No records are to leave the practice.
- Fully document all patient care to ensure good case management
- Complete medical records in a legible and complete manner
- Pharmacy duties
- Prescribe appropriate medication for patient conditions with appropriate dosing
- Approve prescriptions, reviews label for accuracy
- Maintain security of controlled drugs
- Monitor inventory levels of controlled substances
Education and/or Experience
Veterinarian degree (DVM) from accredited college or university and current State Veterinary License and DEA registration must be maintained. Must demonstrate desire to continue learning in veterinary care and participate in leading staff training.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality medical and surgical care to our patients while providing our clients with education and assistance in all aspects of animal care and ownership. We strive to exceed our clients' expectations by treating owners and their pets with respect, honesty, and compassion and treating all animals as if they were our own. Our services are provided in a clean, safe, and friendly environment and our goals are to work as a team, complementing each other’s talents and retaining a positive attitude.
Animal Hospital Randolph
Get fresh Director Clinical Effectiveness jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.