Job Description-Lead Teacher (The Goddard School):
The Goddard School® an early childhood education center located in Freehold, New Jersey is currently seeking a qualified Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher for our infant / toddler and preschool program. Must be nurturing and dedicated to the field of education, and believe engaging with the students is of utmost importance.
Lead Teachers are responsible for ensuring compliance with Goddard's industry-leading Quality Assurance standards. Lead teachers write and implement their own lesson plans based on Goddard Developmental Guidelines and monthly school themes. Most importantly, they create a positive learning environment in their classroom where children develop a lifelong love of learning!
Assistant Teachers assist the Lead Teacher with the above-noted responsibilities. The Goddard School offers competitive compensation and benefits based on experience, education, and certifications. The Goddard School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Lead teachers must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree or a CDA in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
· Assistant Teachers must have experience dealing with children in a learning environment
· Minimum 6 months experience in a licensed center (preferred)
· Infant room teachers must have prior experience with infants or young toddlers
· Fingerprint, background and reference check will be performed
Our Lead and Assistant Teachers work together to:
· Develop lesson plans.
· Meet the individual needs of the children
· Participate in monthly staff and training meetings.
· Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
· Interact with the children to support play, exploration, and learning.
· Present expectations that are appropriate to the child’s age and developmental level.
· Plan and implement activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
· Communicate appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff.
· Compile portfolios documenting student progress.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures of The Goddard School.