*Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Clerk-Direct hire -Angelus Block
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Interested Candidates will need to complete an application onsite from Monday through Friday 07:00am to 05:00PM at the following address:
11374 Tuxford Street
Sun Valley, Ca 91352
Angelus Block Company, Inc. is currently seeking to hire a Full-time Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk position for our Corporate office in Sun Valley, Ca Plant.
The Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for monitoring the outflow of capital and will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Processing new account applications including contacting references and ordering credit reports for submission to the credit manager for approval.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Credit Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Credit Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Calculates and reports sales tax based on paid invoices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related programs.
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Microsoft Excel Skills preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required; Business or Accounting degree preferred.
- Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification preferred.
- At least two years**** of related experience required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Angelus Block Co., Inc. offers a competitive salary.
Angelus Block Co., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Angelus Block Co., Inc.Why Work Here?
This a direct hire full time position with a well established company that offers competitive pay & Free benefits for employee and family!!
Founded in 1946, Angelus Block Company, Inc. is California's leading producer of concrete masonry units, interlocking concrete pavers, decorative site wall units, and segmental planter wall units.
11374 Tuxford Street Sun ValleyLos Angeles, CA
Finance and Insurance