Job Title: Estimator/Project Coordinator
Department: Commercial Irrigation and Landscaping
Reports to: Beau Major
Effective Date: May 10, 2023
Angelo’s Landscape Group is seeking a dynamic and up-beat Project Coordinator for our Commercial Landscape and Irrigation Department to administer and organize all projects and can process simple tasks to highly complex plans. This position requires an individual to be detail-oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with clients, vendors, and internal staff. This individual will work closely under the direction of the Senior Estimator/Project Manager, in which one will prepare comprehensive actions plans and includes the following responsibilities, but are not limited to: Assisting in preconstruction and estimating through project management and closeout. Maintain client and vendor relationships to assist in the estimating phase, keeping pipeline full for potential projects. Assisting in monitoring budgets, production and key performance metrics while managing jobs through completion and delivering to meet or exceed expectations.
The Project Coordinator is an individual who has excellent time management abilities, is vigorous at multi-tasking, and performs various coordinating activities such as attending sub-contractor meetings, scheduling, assesses risk management, and performs administrative tasks such as maintaining project documentation, bid calendars, tracking materials/change orders & submittals, crew production, procurement of materials, metrics, and handling of financial queries. Our organization is looking for an individual who prefers to work as a member of a team, appreciates an office as well as an outdoor setting, outgoing and friend, one who enjoys helping others and who desires to grow professionally and seeks to improve personal skill set.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to, planning certain parts of the project as designated by the Senior Estimator / Project Manager which will include the following tasks:
- Thoroughly understands and complies with Company policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Knowledge of estimating procedures and standards to create technical proposals as needed for review and submittal to General Contractors.
- Maintain bid calendars and project folders, manage takeoffs/vendor quotes, and prepare proposals to ensure delivery on time.
- Review bid invitations, perform accurate and detailed reviews of plans and specifications, highlighting and maintaining notes pertaining to the scope of work.
- Produces and performs quality take offs and preliminary layouts in F/X AutoCad (or related takeoff platforms).
- Knowledge and ability to organize and analyze plans/specs to produce a list of RFI related items to be submitted to the General Contractor relative to project(s) bidding.
- Collaborates and discusses a plan of action with the Senior Estimator / Project Manager ensuring healthy pipeline and backlog.
- Coordinates with vendors for pricing materials relative to the project(s).
- Maintains organized records of take offs, pricing/quotes & applicable bid information.
- Manages, organizes, and coordinates materials orders, deliveries, and rental equipment.
- Works closely with field management to ensure materials are ordered and delivered in a timely- manner.
- Participates in on site, sub-contractor & team meetings as required. Takes notes of action items, and maintain a log of processes/procedures, action items, RFI’s, Change Orders and Submittals logs to be reviewed by Senior estimator/Project Manager
- Interacts and maintains extraordinary communication and continued dialogue (follow up) with General Contractor(s), sub-contractor(s), vendor(s) and field supervisors.
- Creates and submits project submittal packages to be reviewed by Senior Estimator / Project Manager.
- Assists and coordinates with General Contractors and field crews on upcoming schedule changes and communicates the steps/action needed for their project to come to fruition.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Practices ethically and has a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exemplary time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them to field workers when appropriate.
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient/Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Familiar with & willingness to learn and become proficient with F/X AutoCAD, Autodesk, Autodesk Takeoff, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Enjoys working under the pressure of meeting deadlines.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a related field.
- College education in Project Management preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Work outdoors at project locations.
- Salary range of $34,000.00 - $38,000.00.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Optional Short-Term Disability, Optional Cancer Policy, Optional Accident policies available after a 60-day probationary period.
- Retirement Plan.
Angelo's Landscape GroupBaton Rouge, LA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.