Angelica, established in 1878, is the leading provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry with $300 million of annual revenue. We deliver a complete array of laundry services, linen and apparel rental, and onsite linen management services to meet the needs of healthcare providers and their patients. Through innovation and technology, Angelica is committed to revolutionizing our industry by providing advanced healthcare solutions. Angelica currently operates 27 plants and depots throughout the United States with Field Support Services in multiple locations and corporate headquarters in Oak Brook Terrace, Illinois.
Job Summary: The Housekeeper is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of Angelica plant facilities in a given shift. Housekeeping staff work as a team, with each member taking roles such as cleaning workspaces and facilities, and handling disposal of chemicals.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: This position will work within a team of people performing similar duties. Along with one or more team members, an Angelica Housekeeper may perform some or all of the following duties during a given shift:
- Ensure the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the plant
- Sweep, mop, blow-down all working surfaces including floors, walls, and mezzanines
- Clean, sanitize, and disinfect break rooms and rest rooms
- Dust and clean the facility of debris, as needed
- Clean machines and safely dispose of oil or other bio-hazardous material
- Uphold and promote safe and appropriate chemical management, including using provided personal protective gear at all times and refilling personal protective equipment dispensers throughout the facility
- Move empty chemical containers from interior to exterior of plant
- Compile empty linen boxes/cardboard/pallets and other materials and dispose in the appropriate location
- Refill sanitizer dispensers throughout the facility
- Sweeping and blowing under machines between shifts, and outside area of the plant
- Use blower to clean lint from the roof of the plant, sweep together, and bag for disposal
- Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience working in a plant environment
- Prior experience working for Angelica
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Physical Requirements: The position requires constant standing, walking and the ability to lift and handle material, and move objects with weight in excess of 50 pounds.
Work Environment: This position exists primarily within the plant environment. The service center environment is typically warm with noise, wet areas, chemicals, and other hazards. This position also requires the ability to safely operate heavy machinery such as trash compactors or lift trucks, and the ability to complete job duties while wearing protective gear during indoor and outdoor tasks.