This position exists to train and direct associates to work in a safe and productive manner. The Production Manager is expected to effectively schedule associates and equipment to meet customer requirements on all shifts. This position is responsible for multiple departments and multiple shifts within the plant.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select, schedule, and provide day-to-day supervision and leadership to plant associates to work in a safe and productive manner
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill linen orders and meet inventory requirements
- Plan and provide associate training in processes and equipment operation
- Assure policy conformance and enforce plant rules and regulations
- Optimize equipment utilization and associate scheduling to meet production goals
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly production measurement analysis and provide communication to associates, and to management on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Develop subordinates' skills and capabilities in the plant environment
- Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions
The Production Manager is responsible for as many as 100 plant production staff and associates in multiple departments. The Production Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees during all shifts.
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive production management experience and responsibilities
- Knowledge of plant equipment and safety methods
- Must have experience supervising operations within a manufacturing/industrial plant/facility, including managing production and employees, scheduling, training, meeting deadlines and project schedules
- Must have process improvement experience with at least one of the following: lean manufacturing (Kaizen, 5S) or Six Sigma
- Good communication and human relations skills
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Must be open to and able to work either shift (day shift is 6am to about 3pm and 2nd shift from 3pm and on), and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Must be open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- Laundry industry experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Production Manager position requires some limited travel. Employees are responsible for creating and submitting expense reports each week for expenditures incurred during travel.
The position requires constant standing, walking and the ability to lift and handle material and moving carts with weight up to 50-75 pounds.
This position exists primarily within the plant environment, with periodic office work. The plant environment is typically warm with noise, wet areas, chemicals, and other hazards.