Angelica, established in 1878, with revenue of $300 million is a leading provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace IL, we deliver a complete array of laundry services, linen and apparel rental, and onsite linen management services to meet the needs of healthcare providers and their patients. Delightful service, which combines our relentless focus on maximizing both customer service and efficiency with an unparalleled multiple-service-center system, is a key element of our strategic advantage. Angelica operates a total of 23 service centers and 3 depots throughout the United States.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the overall maintenance of all equipment. The position performs preventative maintenance on all production and supporting equipment
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications
* Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
* Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
* May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
* Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
* General mechanical maintenance as required
* Able to lift or manage up to 25 pounds without assistance
* Experienced in legacy equipment maintenance
* Troubleshoot, support and repair of all production equipment
* Determine material, parts and equipment to be used for repair, installation and stock Communicate same to Chief Engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer
* Participate in scheduled/preventative maintenance on all production equipment
* Install, inspect, repair and maintain the mechanical, electrical and other related systems in all production and supporting departments
* Inspect, operate and maintain steam, heating cooling and water treatment systems in entire plant
* Complete all necessary documentation as described under company guidelines. Must comply with all company safety rules and policies
Supervisory Responsibilities: * N/A
Minimum Qualifications: * Minimum 5 years' industrial/commercial maintenance experience, with strong problem solving skills * Ability to effectively communicate (both written and oral) * Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical schematics at basic level * Quality orientation and high attention to detail * Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt
Preferred Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred * Bilingual - English/Spanish
Travel Required: N/A
Physical Requirements: This position requires constant walking throughout the service center. May do lifting of objects up to 75 pounds on occasion with assistance. May carry tools and equipment.
Work Environment: Plant environment, including hot, noisy, and wet conditions. Some work in office environments. Subject to calls during hours away from plant (24/7). Constant exposure to hazards including confined spaces, chemicals, steam under pressure, climbing, working in positions above and under equipment and throughout/outside of the facility.