The Assistant Territory Sales Manager is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving natural foods company positioned for significant growth. We’re looking for a person who believes food should taste amazing and be nutritious too, as that’s what we’re all about at Angelic Bakehouse!
The ideal candidate is a person who will thrive in the fast paced and ever-changing world of grocery retail, CPG sales, in-store sampling and Costco roadshows. Your ability to improve the retail experience in store, assist in driving sales and desire to engage, educate and excite consumers is how we measure success.
This role will report to the Territory Sales Manager and support the Event Marketing Manager for Costco roadshows and select consumer events. Under the direction of the Territory Sales Manager you’ll assist in developing and delivering sales results within the defined region. There is potential growth towards becoming a Territory Sales Manager yourself as our company grows.
This position will be located in the greater Chicago, IL area.
• 70% serving as a demo rep / sales representative interacting directly with customers; 30% partnering with in store retail management and handling in store sales activities.
• Typically a 40 hour work week including hours on weeknight evenings and weekends with flex time during the traditional work week.
• Willing to work hard and have fun while treating customers with excellent service.
• Conduct product demos in grocery stores passionately educating consumers about the nutritional benefits of our products including sprouted grains, the special attributes of our brand and create samples for direct product trial.
• Ability to build fast relationships working with retail store management to insure shelves are stocked, inventory is available and any POP/POS/Product Merchandise are properly in place. Report any retail management feedback to the Territory Sales Manager.
• Lead Costco Roadshows directly selling product to customers. Insure the Angelic team, store management, event promotion and product inventory are all in place to maximize this critical sales opportunity that can lead to additional in-store shelf placement for Angelic.
• Assist in the growth of the Angelic Bakehouse brand through increased store sales.
• Serve as the face of the company educating consumers and actively converting customers to the Angelic brand.
• Monitor and report on market and competitive activities.
• Work with the Territory Sales Manager to analyze territory sales performance and develop strategic business plans to support growth.
• Overnight travel.
• Work consumer facing events such as trade shows, experiential events or farmers markets that may result in a longer than normal work day.
Experience & qualifications
• Ideally one to three years of sales/marketing experience preferred, but not required.
• Customer service skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver results.
• Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
• Integrity, personal responsibility and a genuine passion for healthy, delicious foods.
• Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for 4 hours or more at a time.
• Personal and reliable vehicle is required.
• Excellent communication to communicate via text and send in reports after demo events.
• Ability to follow food safety guidelines.
• Driver’s License with clean driving record and reliable vehicle is required.
Located in Cudahy, Wisconsin and started in 2009 we’re run by our founders, James and Jenny Marino. In November 2016, we became part of the Lancaster Colony / T. Marzetti Company. For more information on Angelic Bakehouse visit www.angelicbakehouse.com.
Angelic Bakehouse, A Division of T. Marzetti
Why Work Here?We’ve found that with a steady dose of goodness – whether in food or in life – you simply feel better. We make sprouted grain baked goods that elevate the standard for taste and nutrition while building a socially conscious company determined to elevate the lives of our employees, customers and the world around us. We’re bringing food back to its roots. And then sprouting something even better. Located in Cudahy, Wisconsin and started in 2009 we’re run by our founders, James and Jenny Marino. In November 2016, we became part of the Lancaster Colony / T. Marzetti Company. For more information on Angelic Bakehouse visit www.angelicbakehouse.com.
Small company on a fast growth track! #Be Angelic