Senior Payroll Representative
Duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and process bi-weekly and bi-monthly payroll in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Process manual checks when necessary.
- At the request of management, perform consistent accurate audits on employee payroll records and employee payroll tax records to ensure accuracy and compliance with both state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for verifying city, state and federal reports are filed on time and accurately (quarterly, annually, W-2s, etc.).
- Process changes to employee records into the payroll system including regularly auditing data for accuracy and completion.
- Process all wage orders/ liens from government agencies
- Run and file all payroll related reports by deadlines provided by management.
- Communicate with Plexus staff at all levels of the organization to respond to payroll questions from employees and managers.
- Process employee advances, expense reports and deductions.
- Balance payroll by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies
- Ensure compliance with company policies and client instructions.
- Support HR team as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now required
- 2-4 years of payroll experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written, required
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Must be able quickly adapt to changing situations, maintain attention to detail, and conduct necessary follow-up.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision and be able to work quickly with extremely high accuracy.