Summary of Position:
Gathering of necessary information for medical billing and collection, to be forwarded timely to the medical billing office.
- Collect information necessary for proper billing of anesthesia claims. Information includes anesthesia charges, patient demographic sheets, operative reports as needed and consent forms as needed, etc.
- Verify all critical information is complete on the charge record such as start and stop time, provider of service, date of service, etc.
- Verify that all patients on the surgery schedule have a charge record
- Answer phones
- Other duties as directed to assist in accurate billing of anesthesia services
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Additional duties required by the client.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must type 40 WPM
- Familiarity with basic office equipment printer, phone, fax, copier, etc.
- Phone etiquette
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Travel of 24-30 miles per week (reimbursed)
- Dependable vehicle to travel
- Must have current Driver's License and valid car insurance