- Posted: over a month ago
- $39,000 to $45,000 Yearly
Our busy Atlanta family law firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal secretary to provide administrative help to our attorneys, paralegals, and staff and to ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of new client files, preparing some legal documents, and constructing trial/hearing notebooks and exhibits. You will also handle all office correspondences including answering phone calls and emails, scheduling meetings, requesting court dates, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, can handle multiple tasks at one time, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal field, we want to connect with you!Compensation:
$39,000 - $45,000 yearlyResponsibilities:
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Schedule office appointments, court dates, meetings, conferences, court prep meetings, depositions, mediations, and other case events, etc.
- Sorting, scanning, handling, processing, and organizing mail
- Create physical case files and labels
- E-file pleadings as necessary
- Data Input and entry into case management systems
- Greets and directs all visitors, including vendors, clients, guests, and customers
- Ensures completion of Intake/Client paperwork, sign-in sheet, and security procedures
- Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
We are a family law firm that fights to protect what's most important to people going through a divorce or custody battle: their children, their assets, and their future. Our employees are part of a goal-oriented team that strives to provide every client with the ultimate client service and experience. Our legal team is known for being professional, aggressive, and knowledgeable advocates in the Courtroom.
Anene Farrey & Associates, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?