Security Office - PT - Mall Retail (J33R-00040)
Andy Frain Services Durham, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 Hourly
Provide security detail as outlined in the post orders and establish working relationships with customers, local law enforcement and fire departments. Security personnel will always perform job duties with a constant awareness of surroundings, making note of any and all activity that takes place in the assigned area. Security Officers must maintain a professional image and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
- Patrol of buildings and perimeters.
- Escort of material and personnel.
- Inspection of security and fire exposures.
- Special assignments.
Duties may vary depending on department size, organizational structure, geographic location and post assignments. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow for certain ADA requirements. Overall general function of officers is to provide security detail as described below (Note: duties may vary depending on post orders):
- Be on time and report to post in full uniform.
- Maintain professional image that includes greeting customers, visitors and employees in a polite and friendly manner.
- Be proactive in knowing all revisions to post orders and general information distributed by the customer and AFS.
- Patrol physical property or maintain fixed post position, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and investigate accidents and criminal acts.
- Monitor cameras or equipment in a continuous fashion as outlined in the post orders.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations.
- Complete Daily Activity Reports, Log Book entries, Incident Reports and all relevant reports related to job assignment.
- Make recommendations to management on better safety and loss prevention processes as identified during daily routine.
- Have knowledge of any life safety systems, fire panels, CCTV system computer, and other such equipment to complete job assignments. Ensure continuous and safe operation of all elevators and access doors. Know authorized contractor personnel who are responsible for maintenance and upkeep of equipment.
- Ensure training and compliance guidelines are met as outlined by AFS and other agencies regulating the customer / market.
- Communicate on a daily basis with Security Supervisor any new Security Issues or changes that need to be considered or implemented.
The following are the minimum qualifications that an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED).
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Minimum 3 – 6 months prior experience in loss prevention, life safety, CCTV systems or access computer systems.
- State Guard license is required.
- Pass a regulated drug test (where required).
- A security officer is to be honest, alert and well disciplined as the custodians of employee and customer property and safety.
- Constant and dedicated vigilance.
- Strong customer service skills, exemplifying Andy Frain Services Mission Statement.
- Ability to be a hands-on, results oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to facilitate progressive change, work as part of a team and follow directions.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Security Officer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow for certain ADA requirements.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Pushing/pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 50 lbs, stair climbing.
- Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.
- Ability to twist, turn, bend, stand, climb stairs and walk as required to perform the duties associated with functioning as a security officer.
This description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor the specific duties of any one incumbent. Andy Frain Services reserves the right to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the Company’s sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Our national portfolio of services includes armed and unarmed uniformed security, consulting, patrol officers, surveillance monitoring, special event security, training, and disaster and emergency response services. In an economy filled with financial uncertainty, Andy Frain Services is expanding and poised for rapid international growth within our global community.
Andy Frain Services
Andy Frain Services (AFS), headquartered in Aurora, Illinois, is a full-service provider of security and event management services. Since 1924, we have serviced the security requirements of all levels of government and many Fortune 500 companies in such industries as ports of call, airports, transportation, chemical facilities, commercial buildings, etc. Our national portfolio of services includes armed and unarmed uniformed security, consulting, patrol officers, surveillance monitoring, special event security, training, and disaster and emergency response services. In an economy filled with financial uncertainty, Andy Frain Services is expanding and poised for rapid international growth within our global community.
6910 Fayetteville Rd.Durham, NC