- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $90,000 Yearly
The Curriculum Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the delivery of curriculum at the Orchard School which includes the curriculum, instruction and assessment Reading, Writing and English Literature. The Curriculum Coordinator supervises the ELA & Math Coordinators. The Curriculum Coordinator is responsible to coordinate all testing for the school. Support teachers and the Math/ELA coordinators to formulate and implement corrective actions for students struggling to stay on grade level or children above grade level. The Curriculum Coordinator, in conjunction with the Assistant and Principal, will conduct Teacher Observations and provided feedback. . Curriculum Coordinator is responsible for finding resources/tools/creative ways and necessary training to staff to support the students with their academic goals. The Curriculum Coordinator also serves as a CSE Chairperson.
Generally, 8:00 am – 4 pm weekdays, except for one day per week so designated for staff conference; 3:00pm-5:00pm but hours are required to be flexible based on program needs. Works the school calendar.
Key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Understanding and supporting the agency’s mission & treatment philosophy:
- Treats all clients, families and co-workers with respect & courtesy
- Demonstrates & models sensitivity to cultural background of children, families and co-workers
- Honors Sanctuary Commitments in all day to day activities
- Responsible for Curriculum Compliance
- Supervises the ELA and Math Coordinators
- Collaborates with all members of the team to plan for and address student’s educational needs.
- Provides mentorship/administration and support to teachers and teaching assistants in their professional development including ongoing supervision, training and supervision.
- Ensures Educational services are well aligned with trends in the field to maintain optimal viability.
- Establishes and maintains contact with school districts through periodic updates.
- Uses professional judgement and problem solving skills when addressing student, staff and family concerns.
- Ensures all documentation are completed times, accurately and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
3. Serves as the CSE Chairperson & Testing Coordinator
- - NYS Exams: ELA, Math, Science, Regents, Labs
- - Communication with Office of State Assessment, Districts, Families, Faculty, Staff,
- Administrators, Data Service Coordinator etc.
- - Identify Proctors, train staff to proctor exams,
- - Receive/pick up exams, review them, and distribute to proctors for exam
- - Scoring & submission of all exams
- - Coordinate Alternate Assessment
4. Works effectively and collaboratively with others on the Orchard School Leadership team
- Is flexible and accommodating in unplanned or crisis situations
- Meets with the Administrative Team
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by Principal
- Assuresthat teachers have mastered the ability to teach
- Conducts Classroom Observations instruction
- Provides staff development
- Organizes outside staff development
- Sits on the various Committee
6. Supports overall strategic plan of the organization
7. Ability to adhere to our organization's core values and commitments
Key qualifications include:
1. Master’s Degree in Special Education or in General Education
2. NYS School Business Leader Certificate
3.NYS Teaching Certification in ELA or Reading/Math Specialist with Special Education Extension
2. Has a minimum of 5 years of experience in special needs students
4. A minimum of 3years of experience supervising and classroom observations in an educational setting
5. Experience as a testing coordinator
6. Experience with curriculum-based assessment
5. High level of personal organization and integrity
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills
7. High level of Emotional Intelligence
8. Ability to adhere to our organization’s core values
9. Valid NYS Driver’s License
10. Ability to access and utilize ADP app on smartphone or other device for access to agency programs
Reach, Walk and Climb
Must have reliable transportation. Travel required: 10%
The employee must be able to meet these requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Nothing in this job description restricts Andrus’ right to modify the duties/responsibilities of this job at any time, with or without advanced notice.
Andrus is an equal opportunity employer.
Andrus Childrens Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?