Looking for a talented Director of Operations for a fantastic restaurant concept!
Position will provide managerial support and supervision to three locations, ensuring that quality and service levels are met as established by company standards. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these restaurants; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Manages all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Director of Operations:
- Develops and maintains operations business plans, budgets and standards
- Responsible for hiring, developing and retaining great people within the company
- Assume role of Area Manager.
Planning & Execution
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational opportunities to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Set and monitor Operational budgets.
- Implement strategies as necessary to ensure that restaurants are operated in consistence with Company standards and policies, and meet, or exceed Company projections for financial performance.
Business Requirements & Reporting
- Perform periodic inspections and/or audits of restaurant operations in the region (i.e., buildings and grounds, equipment, safety, employee relations, accounting, etc.)
- Develops budget and cost controls
- Monitor financial performance of all restaurants in the region, and factors contributing to financial performance, including labor/food costs and implement interventions as necessary to ensure efficient, profitable restaurant operations
- Performs administrative activities associated with the effective management of restaurant operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving operations data for reports.
- Develop annual business plans identifying key activities and priorities.
- Maintain current awareness of Federal, State, and local laws and regulations affecting restaurant operations and employees to ensure compliance.
Team Building & Development
- Evaluates the performance of General Managers, and provide training and development opportunities for restaurant (General Managers, Assistant Managers, etc) staff.
- Provide supervision to General Managers to ensure that restaurants are operated according to all Company policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Provide leadership by delegating tasks, responding to staff inquiries and providing overall direction to employees.
- Set and manage performance targets.
Position Capabilities for Director of Operations: Display strong leadership by projecting self-confidence through product expertise, organized communication skills and enthusiasm. Excel in formulating new systems and executing strategies. Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Surpass in performing a broad range of assignments with efficiency and accuracy. Skillfully document performance, formulate goals and plans of action. Readily accepts constructive feedback, Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meeting and appointments on time. Able to: deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment. Takes pride in the achievements of others. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate
Qualifications for Director of Operations: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Point of Systems (POS) Program Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
Education and/or Experience
- Business Degree or equivalent; or seven years to nine related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexible work schedule including weekend and/or evening work combined.
Additional Requirements for Director of Operations
- 5+ years of current Restaurant Multi Unit Management, leading up to 5 plus restaurants
- Great attitude, enthusiasm and passion for the food and people
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Hands-on approach with hiring, training and developing people
- Ability to increase sales and build rapport in the community
- Maintains high levels of food quality, hygiene and restaurant standards
Extras for Director of Operations
Fun & Fast Paced Environment
Company Culture that Cares about Food Quality and People
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Competitive Pay & Bonus Plan
Andreoni Recruiting Consultants, LLC (ARC) provides individuals with fantastic job opportunities within the hospitality field. We offer great connections to opportunities that our clients list with us that are often not advertised on the internet. We work directly with a number of top growing fast casual restaurant concepts in the country and specialize in confidential searches for talented individuals. ARC is the resource for finding you a better opportunity, at no cost to you!
Andreoni Recruiting Consultants, LLCLooking for your next career? Andreoni Recruiting Consultants, LLC (ARC) provides individuals with fantastic job opportunities within the hospitality field. We offer great connections to opportunities that our clients list with us that are often not advertised on the internet. We work directly with a number of top growing fast casual restaurant concepts in the country and specialize in confidential searches for talented individuals. ARC is the resource for finding you a better opportunity, at no cost to you!