Executive Director of Technology Integration and Digital Literacy
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Director of Technology Integration and Digital Literacy for the Andover Public Schools reports to the Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning and has the responsibility of overseeing technology integration, blended learning and personalized learning for all students and adults in the district. The Executive Director of Technology Integration and Digital Literacy and will implement the district’s strategic initiatives in relation to technology, develop a system wide plan and support the integration and coordination of technology effectively into all aspects of the curriculum and program development. In addition, the Executive Director will serve as the liaison between the Town and School Department to ensure efficient day to day technology operations.
Specific activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and coordinate district’s technology educational vision in conjunction with school and district leaders
- Coordinate and plan streamlined process for application selection and implementation for use in various curricular areas and classrooms.
- Consult and collaborate with curriculum departments to identify appropriate software and programs to support curriculum in areas best served by technology use
- Evaluate new software and hardware to support teaching and learning
- Develop a well-articulated implementation plan for all new software and applications.
- Provide leadership, support, and training to instructional technology facilitators to support academic coaches and administrators for digital learning and technology integration
- Serve as liaison to the Town Chief Information Officer and team to ensure efficient daily operation of technology within all schools
- Work collaboratively with the Town lead IT team who maintains the physical network environment and completes break/fix services in all town and school buildings
- Work in conjunction with district team to develop, coordinate, and implement staff professional development programs related to technology integration in educational programs and services
- Supervise the Instructional Technology Facilitators, Library Media Specialists and Director of Data & Accountability
- Work with district leadership, school administrators and teachers to coordinate technology integration into all aspects of the curriculum
- Collaborate with department of special services to implement assistive technology for special education students
- Identify and support the elimination of systemic inequities in instructional technology across schools.
- Lead and implement 1:1 district initiative
- Assist and support staff and leaders with 1:1 learning environment
- Plan and oversee budgetary planning in order to support the district’s technology integration plan
- Foster and maintain effective relationships with entities in the private sector and higher education to help support and enhance technology in our schools
- Review, develop and implement the district’s technology plan and report annually to the MA DESE
- Seek out grant opportunities to assist in maintaining and improving our use of technology /in-kind donations
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education licensure as an Instructional Technology Specialist and/or Supervisor/Director
- Bachelor's degree required in related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
Andover Public Schools (APS) seeks candidates who embody our ethos, which includes valuing the identities of all students, high expectations for all students, teaching excellence, collaboration, innovation, respect, and responsibility. APS is committed to hiring and supporting a racially and ethnically diverse faculty and staff. Racially and ethnically diverse teachers produce a myriad of positive outcomes for all students, especially the most historically marginalized students.
Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Evaluated by: Assistant Superintendent
Andover is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Andover Public Schools
30 Whittier CourtAndover, MA
EducationView all jobs at Andover Public Schools
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?