Executive Director of Elementary Instructional Operations PreK - 5
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in the coordination of district, school and community initiatives intended to improve student achievement across all elementary curricular areas with a special emphasis on literacy and math skill development. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with teacher leaders, building principals, district level directors, and cabinet level administrators to implement and monitor systematic researched based improvement cycles.
Specific activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning, responsible for the advising and assisting in design, development, implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of the elementary programs to provide continuous and well-articulated programs in grades PreK-5.
- Work in partnership with principals, coordinators, coaches, staff, and the Assistant Superintendent to meet the academic performance goals of the district
- Supervise and evaluate academic coaches, program coordinators and/or directors.
- Establish research-based improvement cycles across all elementary curricular areas in collaboration with building and teacher leaders.
- Implement effective curricular review and writing cycles consistent with the district’s emphasis on framework alignment.
- Demonstrably support building-wide efforts to improve the culture of professional learning, the students’ sense of belonging, and parental engagement.
- Provide researched based professional learning experiences to teacher leaders to enhance leadership capacity.
- Conduct regular meetings with program coordinators and teacher leaders to align work, develop short cycle improvement goals, collect data related to these goals, and make informed adjustments based on the data.
- Conduct formal and informal classroom observations.
- Provide direct instructional/leadership support to teachers or leaders in need of assistance.
- Respond to parent questions/concerns about the efficacy of instructional practices and/or the relevance/rigor of curricular objectives.
- Identify and support the elimination of systemic inequities in the elementary program.
- Ensure that technology is used as an accelerator for learning at the elementary level.
Perform all other duties as deemed appropriate by the Superintendent and/or her designee.
- Massachusetts certification as Supervisor, Director, or Principal
- Possess a master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated success in advancing student achievement
- Lead building principal experience preferred
- Elementary experience required
Andover Public Schools (APS) seeks candidates who embody our ethos, which includes valuing the identities of all students, high expectations for all students, teaching excellence, collaboration, innovation, respect, and responsibility. APS is committed to hiring and supporting a racially and ethnically diverse faculty and staff. Racially and ethnically diverse teachers produce a myriad of positive outcomes for all students, especially the most historically marginalized students.
Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Evaluated by: Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
Andover is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Andover Public Schools
30 Whittier CourtAndover, MA
EducationView all jobs at Andover Public Schools
Get fresh Instrumental jobs daily straight to your inbox!