Perform a variety of duties to determine that materials, products and/or processes are in accordance with specifications and requirements.
- Upholds Andis Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, and Respect in all work-related activities.
- Supports Product Engineering and Production to ensure successful transition of products and processes from design to production.
- Initiates process improvement projects to increase efficiency, reduce costs, simplify processes and improve quality.
- Acts as a liaison between Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Regulatory, Production, Sales and Service to ensure product conformance and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates Corrective Action (CAR) activities and completes follow-up evaluations to determine completion and effectiveness of corrective actions.
- May be trained as an internal auditor and perform quality audits.
- Support supplier quality as needed and engage suppliers to improve process for Andis benefits.
- Support Lab activities and direct engineering interns as needed.
- Actively investigate new technologies to improve the quality and processes related to the evaluation of Andis products.
- Support PFME process.
- Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Develops and initiates process control plans and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Creates sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Evaluates precision and accuracy of production, testing, and measurement equipment.
- Establishes criteria for gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies.
- Assists workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Creates programs and sets up data collection devices and other precision specialty equipment.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A minimum of an associate’s degree in a related field with 3 to 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment; a Bachelor's degree (B. A. /B.S.) from four-year College or university preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong understanding and demonstrated use of quality tools, principles and problem-solving techniques such as A-3, Pareto Charts, Fishbone diagrams, 6-Sigma, FMEA, Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) and SPC. Proven success in the use of and mentoring of problem solving methods and statistical decision-making process.
Ability to work at an above average level in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with working proficiency in PowerPoint.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will need to have knowledge of business and management principles; production and manufacturing processes with lean methodology; computers and electronics; application of engineering science and technology; design techniques; and mechanical knowledge.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current valid Driver’s License (with record acceptable to our insurance) is preferred.
Andis is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Disabilities