Import/Export Logistics Coordinator - LATAM
Andes Global Trading Llc Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 2011, Andes Global Trading is an international meat trading company, and one of the fastest growing exporter to butcher shops, retailers, food distributors and meat packers across Mexico, Latin America and Canada. Widely respected in the industry, ANDES has been named among the top 50 fastest growing companies and among the top 50 private companies by the South Florida Business Journal. We believe in passionately building an extraordinary company, with a happy and respectful environment, living with an entrepreneurial spirit, where our people can contribute and grow.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating our client’s logistical operations and ensuring that all systems are updated with all supplier and shipping information; Coordinating import and export shipments, you’ll assist with customs clearance, inland transportation, bookings and cargo tracking, as well as handling any customer queries relating to deliveries
At Andes we are proud to be a hands-on, fast-moving, and entrepreneurial company. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-moving environment, has an entrepreneurial mindset, is a great cultural fit, and brings the appropriate structure to ambiguous, often rapidly changing environments.
- Coordinate accurately daily activity between the origin locations and the freight companies:
- Communicate with suppliers, warehouses and truckers to arrange pick up appointments, and monitor the smooth product pickup and port delivery
- Monitor port’s ERDs, Cut offs and solve any issues involved
- Request ocean bookings with ocean carriers submit shipping instructions, and check and approve BL Drafts
- Preparing and proofing documentation for export loads instructions to obtain export health certificate, free sale certificate and/or any documentation required by importing country
- Updating shipping information for export orders into the internal system
- Communicating via e-mail and telephone with vendors, customers, shipping lines and freight forwarders
- Negotiate freight rates with trucking companies and ocean carriers and warehouses when needed
- Shipping and storage cost controlling
- Accruing all cost related to the orders shipped daily into the system
- Audit freight and storage invoices; approve charges and dispute invoices when necessary
- Customer service
- Answers questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed
- Resolves operational issues to vendors, carriers and customers
- Provides operational support to the trading team regarding order transport planning, costing and deviations
- Updates the customers sending timely information on their orders and work proactively to resolve any operational issues
- Focus and support to customers and trading team
- Inventory Management
- Ensure proper company inventory procedures are followed
- Audit inbound and outbound orders and resolve discrepancies
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency for order instructions to warehouses
- Degree/Diploma in International Business, Logistics or a related field is preferred.
- 3+ years’ Logistics experience in the food trading industry processing export orders in temperature-controlled ocean containers
- English/Spanish a MUST, comfortable speaking and writing in both languages
- Experience with Port, Rail and Truck Terminal systems
- Sound knowledge of export logistics processes and documentation requirements in the trading and supply-chain processes
- Solid understanding of import customs requirements of meat products in the Caribbean, South and Central America
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of organization
- Capable to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Skillful identifying/managing risks and opportunities during the logistics process in order to ensure optimum results
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, external suppliers, and customers in a professional, objective manner
- Enjoys helping and interacting with other people; always friendly and courteous
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling difficult situations
- Strong work ethics and a natural team player who helps others succeed
Why work for Andes Global Trading?
At ANDES, we recruit and hire people who think like owners as we are entrepreneurial in spirit following the Rockefeller Habits. We own our unique values-based culture, and our work environment is deeply rooted in honesty, transparency, communication, commitment, responsibility, and most importantly, an amazingly genuine attitude.
ANDES has been named among the Top 50 fastest growing companies and Top 50 private companies by South Florida Business Journal and recognized for excellence in entrepreneurship from Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce. The Company is a proud member of the U.S. Meat Export Federation.
We value our employees and offer a robust benefits package including 100% company paid health insurance for our employees, dental, vision, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage and an Individual Retirement Account with company matching. We pride ourselves on our fun and energetic environment that also provides our employees with a great sense of belonging as people are at the heart of all we do!
Powered by JazzHR