Anderson Trucking Service (ATS) is a family-owned company that has earned its place as a respected industry leader, with sustained growth across the nation. ATS is committed to helping people succeed by delivering worldwide Transportation Solutions. It’s an exciting time to make an impact. Pairing your passion and drive with our commitment to your success, sky’s the limit! Find your place in the ATS family today. #WeAreATS
The Director of Regulatory Policy & Customer Compliance is responsible for reviewing all contracts that ATS may enter into, ensuring appropriate insurance coverages at minimized cost, complying with federal, state, and local regulatory and filing requirements, and other duties, as assigned, in the interest of ATS. The role is also responsible for attracting, hiring, and developing staff in supervision of contract administration, license and permit registration, and purchasing.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college or university; and 5 – 7 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
2. Strong knowledge of the legalities surrounding contracts and general legal terminology.
3. Legal background or paralegal certification preferred but not required.
4. Working knowledge of insurance coverage’s and risk tolerance.
5. Ability to research federal, state, and local laws and regulations to ensure ATS is protected or to help reach business solutions.
6. Knowledge of captive insurance companies is preferred but not required.
7. Ability to demonstrate organizational savvy through understanding the potential implications of decisions on the business and people involved.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
9. Excellent communication skills (written, listening and verbal).
10. Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work independently.
11. Must be a team player, amenable to a variety of work projects.
12. Must be analytical with the ability to apply data.
13. Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with external groups/people.
14. Ability to optimize work processes using a continuous improvement type approach.
15. Display financial ability and understanding.
16. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
17. Willing and able to travel occasionally, including overnight travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review and sign transportation and customer contracts for legal compliance and protecting ATS’ interest with a turnaround goal of 24 hours.
2. Review various other contracts for legal compliance and eliminating/minimizing ATS risk. Contracts can vary from non-disclosure agreements, land or equipment leases, equipment interchange agreements, employment contracts, and contracts with Escorts and Temporary Service agencies.
3. Create and provide Financial Guarantee Letters when requested.
4. Function as the primary contact working with the various insurance brokers for property, casualty, liability, cargo, commercial automobile, aviation, and Director and Officers insurance, etc...
5. Acquires or assists in insurance process for all ATS companies including subsidiaries and affiliates.
6. Facilitates timely issuance of certificates of insurance requests from customers and vendors that comply with coverages.
7. Submit DOT filings and interstate filings for brokerage along with annual MC150’s and necessary filings when we have new acquisitions.
8. Analyze RFP/RPQ’s, carrier profile and quarterly KPI’s to approve/decline working with carrier.
9. Manage and function as the primary contact for internal audits of customer accounts such as; IKEA, GE, Alstom, Syncrude, ISNetworkd, PICS, Canqual, Complyworks, etc.
10. Acquires and manages all surety bonds and relationships with the surety/bonding agencies.
11. Oversee that all tariffs are obtained, paid and reconciled.
12. Develop and manage the process for our transportation management operating system (LME) to track rates.
13. In support of ATS’s culture, all employees are expected to consistently, effectively and reliably perform in accordance with the Company’s values as set forth in our core competencies and behaviors (All Employee Competencies and Manager Competencies).
14. Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours, and infrequent travel may be required.
15. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position performs work primarily in an office setting.
1. Constantly in a stationary position and occasionally will move around.
2. Constantly operates a keyboard and mouse and constantly utilizes a computer monitor(s).
3. Constantly conversing with internal and external customers in person or via phone system.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ATS’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing the work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Whether you’re interested in being a national sales representative, ATS provides ample opportunity for growth in your career.
Our #1 priority is to provide you with the support and tools you need to achieve your personal career goals. At ATS, enjoy a top-notch training program, as well as ongoing opportunities for professional and career development.
Join our team: and unlock your potential. #WeAreATS
Anderson Trucking Service
Why Work Here?It’s an exciting time to be part of the ATS family. We’re in growth mode and with that comes endless opportunity. Our #1 priority is to provide you with the support and tools you need to achieve your personal career goals. At ATS, enjoy a top-notch training program, as well as ongoing opportunities for professional and career development. Join our team: and unlock your potential. #WeAreATS
Grow your career with ATS!
Saint Cloud, MN