Assistant Property Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER SUMMARY
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for effectively managing both the retail and commercial for our Honolulu property. Ensures top levels of customer satisfaction are met as well as drives net operating income and growth for the business. Provide proactive oversight and supervision of regional operations and/or functional personnel to deliver the highest level of customer service to ensure sound operation of each property and maximize value.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support Property Manager by providing strategic leadership, direction and support in property management, engineering, and construction.
- Assist in directing management operations including but not limited to:
- Supervising management office staff
- Tenant operations and services
- Vendor bidding, scheduling and supervision
- Security and access
- Processing work orders
- Collaborate with multiple departments, such as Engineering, Construction Management, Human Resources, Accounting, and Leasing in identifying and implementing portfolio wide initiatives and process improvements.
- Manage operating and capital improvement projects to ensure they are completed within budget and on schedule; including job cost tracking, management of contractors and hosting of regular meetings.
- Provide leadership and direction to Assistant Property Managers, Property Administrators and Accountants, including providing thorough information and training, promptly responding to questions, resolving issues and ensuring accurate completion of tasks within established timeframes.
- Identify and make well thought out recommendations to senior leadership for opportunities to reduce operating expenses and/or generate additional income.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans that support business objectives, vision and values.
- Prepare accurate, complete and timely monthly reports; includes thoroughly researching and writing clear and complete variance explanations
- Prepare the annual operation and capital budget(s). Accurately and thoroughly complete assigned deliverables under the direction of the Vice President, Operations within established timeframes.
- Perform building inspections to discuss possible improvements to create optimal conditions at the property through approved procedures and processes and manages barriers that may affect the property’s ability to achieve its goals.
- Complete and/or participate in formal and informal property inspections and compliance audits. Ensure issues and deficiencies identified in formal and informal property inspections are accurately documented and corrected within timeframe agreed to.
- Provide support to Property Accountant with preparation of annual direct expense estimates and reconciliation.
- Effectively manage the accounts receivables and payables process to ensure timeliness of payments by tenants and vendors and work closely with the Accounting Department to manage the process.
- Additional duties may be requested by the manager.
ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, accounting, or a resources/personnel management related discipline preferred.
- Minimum three years property management experience.
- Property management experience in retail and commercial building operations, tenant relations, construction and tenant finish activity, engineering and preventative maintenance, security, emergency procedures, budgeting accounting and financial reporting, as well as managing revenue and expenses at property level.
- California real estate license preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Yardi preferred.
ABOUT ANDERSON REAL ESTATE
Founded in 1973, Anderson Real Estate provides a superior class of asset management, property management, leasing and accounting to our company owned portfolio. Our diverse portfolio includes commercial office and retail properties in excess of 3 million square feet throughout the coastal communities of Los Angeles, Ventura County and Hawaii. With a team of experienced real estate professionals, Anderson Real Estate continues to establish itself as a best in class real estate company.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan + Match
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Growth Opportunities
- Paid Training
- Health & Wellness
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Anderson Real Estate
Real EstateView all jobs at Anderson Real Estate