- Prepare cost estimates for commercial HVAC systems to include duct work, piping systems, and equipment for commercial construction projects.
- Account for labor, material, equipment, subcontractors, and other costs within estimates.
- Review plans and specifications to determine and qualify scopes of work.
- Perform field surveys as needed to deliver accurate estimates.
- Take-off material and provide accurate quantity surveys. Adjust labor production factors based on the degree of difficulty.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure accurate and competitive pricing.
- Submit proposals to customers, negotiate final pricing, and assist in Pre-Con on awarded projects as needed.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with key owners, developers and general contractors, as well as create strong partnerships with select engineers and vendors.
- Support project management team and other department personnel as required.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Strong experience estimating commercial HVAC systems (duct work, piping systems, and equipment) for mechanical scopes valued up to $10M.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is a plus, but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical equipment, drawings, and specifications.
- Knowledge of building materials, engineering standards, and codes.
- Ability to deal diplomatically and communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced workload under deadlines.
- Client management skills; able to manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations.
- Capable of maintaining a high energy level to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload.