The HVAC Controls Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and completing HVAC control system installations. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics.
- Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
- Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
- Provides job site coordination for panel and field device physical locations.
- Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required.
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost-effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with installing and/or commissioning HVAC control systems.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in project management.
- Strong knowledge of the building automation industry (specifically DDC) fundamentals and business operations; excellent contracting skills; an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS in an engineering (mechanical, electrical, civil) preferred but not required.