PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To plan, monitor, and coordinate the job flow within and between each of the manufacturing departments, to ensure the on-time completion of customer projects consistent with customer expectations and Anderson & Dahlen goals, budget, and customer objectives. Works with sales engineers and manufacturing design group to manage the data and scope of the projects.
MAJOR AREAS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Plays an active role in project related kick off meetings to assist in the development of project time lines, requirements, and direct labor resources required to meet customer delivery schedules.
- Is the leader in the manufacturing of all assigned projects, meets projected production costs, customer quality goals, and customer delivery dates.
- Develops the production plan entered into Made to Manage (ERP System), works with sales engineers, manufacturing design group, and purchasing department to acquire all necessary articles, expedites when necessary, arranges sub-contracting, oversees assembly of products, and arranges for shipping.
- Identifies workload and anticipates workload problems; maintains a continual awareness of potential “bottlenecks” or “droughts” that could negatively impact the achievement of “on-schedule” completion of in-process operations; recommends and/or implements “short-term” solutions in order to ensure timeliness and responsible leveling of the work load.
- Coordinates shipping packaging requirements, arrival times, and specified carriers with shipping personnel as required to meet customer expectations.
- Works with supervisors and shop personnel to maintain/improve productivity through effective communication and coordination and movement of parts and material.
- Ensures that all customer orders are shipped consistent with the Shipping Schedule.
- Coordinates with Sales Engineers, mechanical design, quality, and other departments, as necessary, concerning the production status and of Customer orders and any impediments to shipment schedules.
- Identifies and recommends methods to improve scheduling, department effectiveness, cost reduction activities, and overall manufacturing productivity.
- Instrumental in ensuring we stay in line with installation, profit, deliveries, quality and makes recommendations to sales as needed.
- Maintain, review, and implement workmanship standards.
- Works with the CAD engineers; and as such is consistently able to communicate clearly and effectively with personnel in an appropriate and understandable manner.
- Intimately involved in all welding, finishing, and assembly activity for the design build group. Addresses potential issues to avoid problems and minimize rework and provides related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates and plans activities with other personnel, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and “team” approach.
- Conduct regular communications to customers (both internal and external), regarding project status, milestones achieved, progress billing, etc.
- Ensures that a favorable Company image is presented to customers, and that all customer relationships are based on honesty and integrity.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Complies with Company and Department policies and procedures as applicable.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- High school education or equivalent
- Manufacturing/Industrial/Mechanical Engineer degree, plus 5 years working in a manufacturing setting.
- PMP certification desired
- A minimum of 2 years experience in welding and fabrication
- A minimum of 2 years experience in forming and bending.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in layout with laser experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented with strong planning and monitoring skills.
- Knowledge of CAD and 3D modeing tools as it relates to scheduling and production planning.
- Knowledge of Made to Manage (ERP System) and its uses, as it relates to project management.
- Must exhibit strong leadership and sound decision making qualities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, with customers both internally and externally, (orally and in writing)
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving skills.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures as they relate to sales and manufacturing.
- Thorough knowledge of products, of manufacturing methods, and of production capabilities and limitations.
- Thorough knowledge of other departments and functions as such relates to production planning and scheduling.
- Ability to use project management tools and create Gantt charts as necessary.
- Ability to create power point presentations on projects status and milestones for use as a communication tool for customers.
- Ability to ensure on-time completion of projects consistent with customer expectations and Anderson & Dahlen goals and budget objectives.
- Ability to coordinate all Production activities in a manner, which consistently ensures on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Ability to deal effectively with subcontractors.
- Ability to analyze and formulate alternative actions when confronted by unforeseen events.
- Anticipates required activities and assignments- initiates actions to comply.
- Ability to make buy decisions, internal or external.
- Ability to make judgment calls on required components in order to achieve OTD.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, and react to changing situations.
- Ability to relate well to others and function as a member of the overall “team”.
- Works safely and keeps work area clean and clear of potential hazards.
- Deals effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedures.
- Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional Short-Term Disability
- Employer paid Life Insurance
Why Work Here?Anderson Dahlen, Inc. is a market leading Contract Manufacture of capital equipment in the Food processing, Pharmaceutical processing, Industrial process and Vacuum process equipment markets. We have a long history as a family owned, privately held, values-based, company with 290 employees and growing. Our team manufactures and distributes products to our customers worldwide.
Great people turning bright ideas into brilliant results!