Process Engineer/Competency Leader - Coatings
PURPOSE: This position is responsible to support the Coatings Process competency that is vital to Andersen window and door manufactured products produced across our enterprise. Primary focus areas include but are not limited to Bayport, Dubuque, and Menomonie facilities in the application of paint and stain. Primary focus will be on commercializing and supporting coatings technology and equipment. It involves developing, managing and becoming the SME for these application processes across our Andersen facilities. This position will be filled with an individual possessing a strong technical background along with a desire to be a subject matter expert for coatings equipment and processes.
- Provide operational technical guidance and support for current and future coatings processes.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners. Interface with RD&I, Product Engineering, Strategic sourcing, vendors and suppliers to resource, evaluate and ultimately commercialize coatings processes in a manufacturing environment focusing on scalability, process capability and design for manufacturability.
- Develop training tools, documents and standard operating procedures for coatings application processes ensuring consistent manufacturability of parts and/or units.
- Make recommendations regarding the viability of developed coatings solutions that relate to these processes.
- Drive improvement activity through a solid understanding and application of statistical tools and interpretation of results for effective solutions (e.g., Design of Experiments, process mapping, process capability analysis, Pugh matrix, FMEA, MSA, control plans, etc.)
- In partnership with RD&I:
- Monitor new and evolving technology offerings within the industry to determine opportunities worth pursuing. Translate learnings to long term roadmap to demonstrate vision for how it may apply to Andersen Corporation.
- Present to a variety of forums and stakeholders. Articulate ideas and vision for technology and gain support for identified areas of development.
- Assist in the development and verification of new test standards and equipment to meet the changing and growing customer requirements.
- Identify technical risk with material changes. Outline and oversee testing program to evaluate performance and durability of solutions. Assess current vs. future capacity requirements and implement capacity improvements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technology. Chemical Engineering Preferred
- 5-10 years of engineering experience
- Project management experience and experience working with collaborative, cross functional teams
- Strong aptitude in problem solving using analytical tools and making process improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with quality systems, statistical process control, process capability and lean manufacturing tools.
- Desire to continue to grow and develop personally.
- Coatings application experience desired
Primary Location: United States-MN-Bayport
Organization: Andersen Corporation
Job Posting: Nov 25, 2019, 11:14:41 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 26090