Andereck, Evans, Lewis, Figg & Battagler – Springfield, MO
The Springfield office of our law firm, established in the 1920’s, will hire an experienced attorney to join our business transactions and litigation teams. This work will initially be focused in the areas of worker’s compensation and civil litigation and will require direct interaction with the firm’s established base of clients. The selected candidate will be afforded opportunities to develop his/her practice in labor and employment, regulatory, cannabis and hemp, utilities, and/or other areas of law consistent with the existing practice and client base. Candidates with experience in workers compensation, civil litigation, or business transactions will have an advantage in the selection process. The job will require client interaction in professional and social settings including some limited travel for industry updates and client development.
- Manage various civil litigation cases by drafting pleadings and discovery, conducting investigations and research, taking depositions, drafting motions and briefs, communicating with clients, and appearing in court.
- Defend workers compensation claims by reviewing medical records, negotiating settlements directly with claimants, communicating with clients, and seeking approval of settlements before administrative law judges.
- Assist the firm in its role as general counsel to several Missouri Rural Electric Cooperatives by researching unique legal issues, conveying legal analysis to clients through the drafting of legal memoranda, keeping up-to-date on relevant legal changes in the field of energy production, transmission, distribution, and regulation, and by drafting contracts, real estate documents, and policies.
- Prepare and make presentations to clients relating to legal issues relevant to their businesses.
- While we maintain high expectations for quality and performance, a capable and diligent candidate will find ours to be a flexible and friendly working environment.
- Occasional after hours and/or out-of-town networking engagement with clients and potential clients will be expected, including attending industry events, golf tournaments, sporting events, receptions/dinners, and conventions.
Requirements and Skills:
- Juris Doctorate;
- Missouri Bar License (or eligible for immediate admittance);
- 2 to 5 (or more) years of relevant experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Quality focused with great attention to detail;
- Interested in relationship building and client-development;
- Punctual, professional, and organized;
- Articulate and confident while being considerate and diplomatic;
- Competitive, driven, self-motivated, and diligent;
- Honest, ethical, and client focused.
- Competitive Pay;
- Bonus Opportunities;
- Reasonable Performance Goals;
- Equity Partnership Track;
- Health Insurance;
Paid Time Off.