The Shipping and Inventory Clerk verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and compares identifying information of shipments against invoices and other records.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Verify product quantities for correctness in purchased order and report discrepancies to supplier
- Print and distribute picklists to those pulling orders
- Perform proactive random cycle counts in accordance with the cycle count program
- Troubleshoot inventory discrepancies
- Determine shipment method and carrier—using information provided by Traffic Manager
- Process Sales Orders and Material Transfer Orders in AX to generate Packing Slips/remove product from correct location/and invoice
- Work closely with Customer Service to see that “hot” orders are processed and that “Will Call” orders are ready for customer pick-up
- Using AX data -- assist order pullers to locate missing product
- Monitor WIP to assure completed work orders are shipped same day if a sales order is due
- Collect temporary labor reporting sheets and complete weekly summary for managers
- Assist Shipping Supervisor in assuring correct workload is available for order pullers
- Generate BOL’s
- Assist drivers and give direction to the correct dock door for pick-ups and deliveries
- Assist will call customers
- Identify EDI orders and print correct labels
- Transfer orders
- Responsible for CVN and Unyson in absence of Traffic Manager
- Prepare tradeshow materials
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Proficient in data entry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well with others, creating team and partnerships
- Prior clerical and/or inventory control experience in a warehouse environment preferredPosition Consults with: This position will work with Shipping and Receiving team members, Planning, Customer Service, Assembly and Sewing team members
Years of Experience Required: 1-2 years of experience in shipping and receiving, warehouse management software and inventory transactions.
Education Requirements: High school diploma.
Certification Requirements: None
Working Conditions/Travel Requirements: This position requires physical mobility to walk around the facility, lift products up to 50 lbs., ability to operate a forklift, reach truck, and order picker. No travel is expected.
Normal manufacturing environments should be expected. Use of safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection may be required.