Pharmacy Technician I
Position can be located in either Oakbrook, IL or Troy, MI the Organization’s offices. No remote locations.
As part of the integrated Healthcare Services team, responsible for assisting pharmacies, physician offices and other entities in the efficient, timely and effective provision of pharmaceutical products and services to the Organization’s Healthcare members.
Utilizes specialized pharmacy knowledge and expertise and the Organization’s policies to assess and determine appropriate disposition and drug coverage for prior approval requests and authorizations.
Assesses pharmacy products and services for the Organization’s members to ensure optimum outcomes, cost effectiveness and compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
· Participates in the development /administration of programs designed to enhance the utilization of targeted drugs and the identification of cost saving pharmacy practices.
· Enters on-line approvals or denials of requests per departmental approved guidelines/standards.
· Administers initial receipt and review of non-formulary or prior authorization required drugs against plan approved criteria.
· Performs miscellaneous drug pricing, member drug bills, specialty services as required.
· Resolves Rx claim issues with pharmacy providers/provider representatives.
· Maintains department productivity and quality measures. Attends regular staff meetings.
· Assists with mentoring of new team members. Completes assigned work plan objectives and projects on a timely basis.
· Maintains professional relationships with provider community and internal and external customers.
· Conducts self in a professional manner at all times. Maintains cooperative and effective workplace relationships and adheres to company Code of Conduct.
· Consults with and refers cases to The Organization’s Pharmacy Director and/or medical directors regularly, as necessary.
· Expertise in Medical /pharmacy terminology, drug nomenclature, basic pharmacology, dosage calculations, units of measure, prescription filling techniques, prescription documentation requirements, pharmacy laws and regulations. Understanding of basic managed care pharmacy principles and insurance coverage issues.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people.
· Excellent organizational skill with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Knowledge of applicable state, and federal regulations.
· Ability to take initiative and see tasks to completion. Computer Literate (Microsoft Office Products).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to abide by the Organization’s policies.
· Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work.
· Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
· Skilled at establishing and maintaining positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent and Completion of the Certified Pharmacy Technician Training Program Required - Active license in good standing as a pharmacy technician with State Board of Pharmacy
Experience: Minimum of 0-2 years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician in the ambulatory, community, home infusion, long term care or managed care setting required. 0-2 years of healthcare industry experience (hospital, managed care, physician office, etc.).
For immediate consideration contact:
Kimberly Cameron, PHR
Anchor Staffing, Inc.
773-881-0530 or email@example.com