Administrative Assistant - Shipyard Environment
- Expired: May 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Office Manager and supervisors. You will be working closely with colleagues and vendors to ensure that all business needs are met. You must be able to use independent judgement, be organized and proactive while working in a continuously changing and fast paced environment.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees, vendors and customers.
- Answer phones and distribute messages to the appropriate person.
- Responsible for receiving and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Enter time daily and transfer to payroll.
- Provide weekly temp labor subcontractor reporting.
- Ability to assist the Office Manager and the President with various projects when needed.
- Coordinating new hires with Human Resources.
- Assist with general clerical tasks including but not limited to filing, ordering supplies and data entry.
- Coordinate inventory management, control and record keeping.
- Development and issuance of requisitions and PO's.
- Track all employee payroll deductions to submit to payroll department weekly.
- Cross train for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Complete miscellaneous assignments and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires the ability to process sudden increases in work volume. Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, highly organized, and attentive to detail. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and once, solve problems, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
(3) years of Administrative/Office Experience. Staffing experience or Human Resources experience is a plus. Previous experience working in the construction, marine or industrial industry would be helpful. Bilingual is a plus.
Anchor Sandblasting and Coatings
BusinessView all jobs at Anchor Sandblasting and Coatings