Systems Administrator II (Various Locations)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Systems Administrator II
Location: WA; OR
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Required Education: Associates/bachelor’s in computer science
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 350 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set. Learn more about Anchor QEA at www.anchorqea.com
What’s the Opportunity?
We are seeking a Systems Administrator II who is eager to use and grow his or her technological skills. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy. From early on, you will help empower our breakthrough innovations, be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility. You will receive world-class training to help you become a leader in your field. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to technology-based business model that creates real-world solutions for our company.
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor datacenter health using preexisting management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates, support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree in technology or computer science
- Microsoft certifications is a plus
- At least 6 years of experience as a Systems Administrator
- Experience in Helpdesk support, building, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining MS Windows 10 on laptops
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint
- Experience with or knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019; current on-premises infrastructure and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, Active Directory (AD) and its services (DNS, DHCP, GPO, etc.)
- Experience with switch configuration and maintenance, and firewall support and maintenance
- Experience with or knowledge of virtualization like VMware and/or Horizon VDI platform
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and Windows networking
- Knowledge in application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure)
- Practical/work-related experience in installing and configuring GIS, CAD, on-premises SharePoint 2013, and data analysis products
- Able to lift at least 35 lbs.
What Can You Expect?
A collaborative work environment where we encourage everyone to bring their authentic self. We offer a competitive salary; bonus program; medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability programs; flexible schedules; a retirement plan with company match; and paid time off.
How to Apply?
Apply online through Anchor QEA's Open Positions page at https://www.anchorqea.com/careers/careers-open-positions/. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
TechnologyView all jobs at Anchor QEA