- Posted: 6 days ago
Job Title: Senior Planner
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
What’s the Opportunity?
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in environmental planning. Skills include:
- Leading and reviewing Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) and/or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for public or private institutions, with an emphasis on waterfront and/or coastal infrastructure, transportation, energy, and linear transmission
- Developing environmental compliance strategies and preparing documentation related to compliance with:
- NEPA and SEPA
- Endangered Species Act
- Clean Water Act, Section 404/Section 401
- Section 4(f) of the U.S. Department of Transportation Act
- Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Coastal Zone Management Act
- Section 10 Rivers and Harbors Act
- Hydraulic Project Approvals
- Aquatic Use Authorizations
- Forest Practices
- Washington Growth Management Act, Shoreline Management Act, Critical Areas, and zoning
- Managing tasks or projects, including overseeing project teams
- Developing and managing scopes, schedules, budgets
- Interfacing with clients, agencies, other consultants, and the public
Develop and implement comprehensive environmental compliance strategies; develop SEPA and/or NEPA compliance documentation; prepare application materials and acquire environmental permits and approvals; manage tasks or projects, including overseeing small project teams; interface with clients, agencies, other consultants, and the public; develop and manage scopes, budgets, and schedules.
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably with consulting experience
- Experienced in developing environmental documentation related to SEPA and/or NEPA compliance and familiarity with related federal consultation processes (e.g., ESA, Section 106)
- Experienced in managing tasks and teams of people
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, exhibiting initiative and follow through
What Can You Expect?
A collaborative work environment where we encourage everyone to bring their authentic self. We offer a competitive salary; bonus program; medical, dental and vision coverage, short- and long-term disability programs; flexible schedules; a retirement plan with company match; and paid time off.
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 400 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. We believe engaged staff lead to great client service and to a financially strong company—in that order. Our work environment fosters personal and professional growth for employees by providing autonomy, a clear vision, and the ability to master their skill set. Learn more about Anchor QEA at www.anchorqea.com.
How to Apply?
Apply online through Anchor QEA’s Open Positions page at https://www.anchorqea.com/careers/careers-open-positions/. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Anchor QEA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?