Mid-level Civil/Environmental Design Engineer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Title: Mid-level Civil/Environmental Design Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Regular Full-time
What’s the Opportunity?
Anchor QEA is seeking a full-time, mid-level civil/environmental design engineer for our Seattle, WA office. We are interested in a candidate that has the capacity to grow, is a quick learner, is detail-orientated, is a committed team player, and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will support environmental engineering projects involving upland and in-water field investigations, feasibility studies, remedy design, source control evaluations, water quality assessments, and construction management. Typical project locations will be based in the Pacific Northwest, but assignments may also include work on projects nationwide. Successful candidates will have an opportunity to work on a variety of tasks of differing complexities, both independently and in team environments, learn directly from leaders in the industry, and provide mentoring to our junior staff.
- Performing engineering analyses/evaluations for a range of multi-disciplinary projects including upland and sediment remediation, waterfront development, restoration, and source control projects
- Preparing design documents and supporting deliverables, including engineering calculations, cost estimates, design drawings, and specifications
- Technical writing to support the preparation of sampling and analysis plans, remedial investigation and feasibility study reports, and design documents, including design drawings and technical specifications
- Field assignments including oversight for or conducting environmental sampling (soil, sediment, groundwater, and water quality) and oversight and construction inspection support during remedial action project implementation (position may require travel for 30-50%, depending on project needs)
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of environmental and engineering data
- Mentoring and training of junior staff on engineering principles and design, depending on existing experience and level
- Project and task management, including team assignments and coordination, client interaction, and production of deliverables
What Are We Looking For?
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- BS or MS degree in relevant field (e.g., Civil or Environmental Engineering)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with in-water and upland remediation sites, including the planning and implementation of sampling, data analysis, feasibility studies, and remedial design. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in contaminated sediments, including capping and dredging remediation projects.
- Experience with CERCLA, RCRA and MTCA regulations and application to various stages of a remediation project a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Project a plus)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS experience a plus
- Critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensure or plan to obtain in near future
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification (preferred; will be provided by Anchor QEA upon hire if not currently certified)
- Ability to travel for field and/or construction projects (may be up to 30-50%, depending on project needs)
What Can You Expect?
A collaborative work environment where we encourage everyone to bring their authentic self. We offer competitive compensation and benefits which are detailed below.
Who Are We?
Anchor QEA is an environmental science and engineering consulting firm that is focused on improving the environment and our communities by solving challenging problems. We employ more than 400 people in offices around the United States. Our vision is for a growing company that is our clients’ first choice for solving their most challenging problems and our employees’ first choice as a company where they want to work. Learn more about Anchor QEA at www.anchorqea.com
How to Apply?
Apply online through Anchor QEA’s Open Positions page at https://www.anchorqea.com/careers/careers-open-positions/. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, Anchor QEA is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Anchor QEA does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Salary and Other Compensation:
- Salary Range: $$90,340 - $105,000 annually
- Annual Bonus
- Other potential bonus types: Billable Time Bonus, Spot Bonus, Milestone Anniversary Bonus, Receiving Professional License/Certification Bonus, Peer-reviewed Publication Bonus, Employee Referral Bonus.
Base Level Benefits for Regular Full-Time Positions:
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability programs.
- Paid Company and Floating Holidays: 7 paid company and 2 floating holidays annually
- Vacation: 2 weeks accrued paid vacation based on length of service. Vacation may vary by level.
- Sick and Safe Time: 80 hours annually
- Retirement Plan: 401k plan with an employer match
- Further information on benefits: https://anchorqea.com/careers/benefits/
Anchor QEASeattle, WA
Energy and Environment
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.