- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains. Ensures ground is prepped and trenches dug out for pipes. Aligns pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue. A pipelayer is expected to take instructions from the foreman/supervisor and relay it to his crew and should be able to reasonably manage the process from that point.
Anchor Construction Corporation offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, accidental death & disability insurance, an employee assistance program, DC commuter benefits, and voluntary insurances such as long term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident coverage and whole life insurance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to recognize all types of pipe and pipe fittings
- Knowledge of how to properly connect the different types of pipe
- Knowledge of and experience in the use of hand tools associated with pipe installation
- Knowledge of different glues and lubricants associated with pipe installation
- Ability to cut pipes to specified lengths and angles
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints in order to identify pipe locations and elevations
- Ability to set pipe lasers correctly and figure slope percentages
- Knowledge of and ability to operate tapping machines
- Ability to set up and use transit levels enough to establish straight pipelines, as well as establish and verify elevations
- Have a working knowledge of pipe repair and replacement
- Ability to endure intense manual labor
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to your foreman or, in their absence the crew lead or Superintendent or Safety Officer
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, State regulations, and all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way
Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do - every shift, every day.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Anchor Construction Corporation
ConstructionView all jobs at Anchor Construction Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?