General Labor - Day Shift
Anatolia Tile + Stone Port Wentworth, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Anatolia Tile & Stone is a leading importer and distributor of ceramic and stone tile and is a major supplier to some of the largest distributors throughout the United States and Canada. Based in Toronto, Anatolia Tile & Stone is a privately owned 100% Canadian corporation that is growing rapidly. Currently we are looking for eager, motivated General Laborers to join our expanding team as we open our new facility within Savannah, Georgia.
PAY RATE: $13.00/hr
SHIFT: Monday - Friday, 08:00am - 4:00pm
General Laborers perform a variety of general labor tasks in order to meet varying business needs, including but not limited to product inspection, cleaning received goods, re-packing damaged pallets, sorting, palletizing and general housekeeping duties.
- Inspecting product for quality control issues
- Packing, sorting, or re-packing of tile and stone products
- Strapping/re-skidding tile and stone as required
- Palletizing materials, inverting pallets, and repairing pallets as required
- Performing various housekeeping activities within the warehouse and building perimeter as required
- May perform activities related to counting, organizing and/or relocating materials
- May use power walkie equipment (once trained)
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 6 months experience from a similar environment preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with broad job-related instructions as duties are straightforward, repetitive and involve different but related processes and methods
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Demonstrated accountability for quality, accuracy and adherence to work instructions with occasional checking
- Demonstrated ability to follow established standards and processes
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team and independently as required to execute production targets and departmental goals
- Ability to perform manual tasks with a steady hand and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively while making improvements to work more efficiently
- Good communications skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding warehouse/assembly environment
- Work requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work requires the ability to bend, twist, lift, reach and stretch frequently
- PPE safety equipment must be worn and precautions exercised
- Work is performed in a warehouse/assembly environment with exposure to: (a) fluctuating heat and cold due temperatures; (b) some noise associated with tile cutting activities and occasional forklift traffic; (c) WHMIS chemicals
- Position requires a high level of sustained visual attention, high manual dexterity on a regular basis performing physical and demanding job tasks
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification, however is not restricted to the duties noted above. Anatolia Tile + Stone is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the employment relationship. Anatolia Tile + Stone will work with applicants/employees to meet accommodation needs that are made known to the Company.